WABAN, Mass., July 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Temkin Group, a leading research, consulting, and training firm that helps organizations transform their customer experience (CX), released a new research report: "Five C's of Mobile VoC Disruption." The report shows how organizations need to change their customer insights efforts to accommodate a significant shift being caused by the growth of mobile devices.
As mobile continues to grow in importance, companies will need to renovate their voice of the customer (VoC) programs. Why? Because mobile is more than just another communications channel; it's transforming the way that companies and customers interact.
"Deploying mobile-friendly customer surveys is a good start, but it's not nearly enough to keep up with the mobile disruption. Companies must rethink every aspect of their voice of the customer programs," states Jen Rodstrom, Customer Experience Transformist of Temkin Group and primary author of the report.
To help companies modernize their Voice of the Customer (VoC) programs to account for this increase in mobile usage, Temkin Group's new report outlines the key areas in which mobile is different from other channels, what it calls the Five C's of Mobile VoC Disruption:
- Condensed. Mobile devices have small screens, and consequently, customers expect communications in this channel to be brief. They don't want to take time to fill out lengthy forms or answer dozens of questions.
- Comprehensive. Mobile devices allow customers to provide more than just numbers and text in their responses; they give customers the opportunity to include rich media like images, video, and audio.
- Current. Because people carry their devices on them at all times, customers can share their feedback with a company as an experience occurs.
- Conversational. Customers appreciate that mobile is a medium for instant two-way communication, which means they expect a prompt response when they provide feedback through this channel.
- Contextual. Mobile devices provide metadata that can be valuable for better understanding the circumstances that impact customer feedback. This metadata can include geo-location, type of device, browser, and more.
The research report identifies more than 20 best practices that span all areas of a VoC program, including soliciting in-the-moment feedback for key interactions and accelerating the sharing of useful insights.
In order to use mobile successfully, the research also describes how companies need to evolve through three stages of change: 1) Mobile-Enabled, 2) Mobile-Adjusted, and 3) Mobile-First.
The report "Five C's of Mobile VoC Disruption" can be downloaded from the Customer Experience Matters® blog, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com as well as from the Temkin Group website, www.TemkinGroup.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email.
Customer Experience Matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/according-to-new-temkin-group-research-mobile-devices-will-disrupt-how-companies-tap-into-customer-insights-300299979.html
SOURCE Temkin Group