BURLINGTON, Mass., Nov. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Acronis, a global leader in hybrid cloud data protection and storage, is proud to commence the implementation of the world's fastest and most innovative data protection technology into Scuderia Toro Rosso's IT infrastructure. Acronis and Scuderia Toro Rosso celebrated the occasion with over one hundred partners and IT service providers at the last race of the 2016 Formula 1 racing season in Abu Dhabi.
#1, Fast, Innovative
Scuderia Toro Rosso is currently building a new racing car, the STR12, in order to comply with the new set of technical regulations issued by the Formula 1 governing body, the FIA, earlier this year. While Toro Rosso's factory has the capacity to design and manufacture most of the new car parts in its factory in Faenza, Italy, time constraints force the production team to outsource some of the manufacturing process to third-party providers. This forces Toro Rosso to release aspects of its intellectual property to outside vendors, exposing the need for robust file sharing technology.
- File Sync & Share Scuderia Toro Rosso will address this need with Acronis Access Advanced. The new way of sharing sensitive data comes with advanced data security and user management features, which includes tracking user behavior and keeping comprehensive file access history.
- Data Storage The process of designing and testing the new car is entirely data driven. Scuderia Toro Rosso generates over 15TB of new data every day — 50 percent more compared to the volume generated only a year ago. This data needs to be stored and protected from tampering. Scuderia Toro Rosso will gradually optimize data storage by deploying Acronis Storage with Acronis Notary™ blockchain data watermarking mechanism, which will enable the Formula 1 racing team to validate the authenticity of important data in the future.
- Data Protection Scuderia also plans to deploy other data protection technology powered by Acronis Hybrid Cloud architecture. These include Acronis Backup to achieve the world's fastest backup and restore speed, Acronis Disaster Recovery Service to guarantee business continuity in case of a natural disaster, such as earthquakes, which are frequent in the region where the factory is located, and Acronis Monitoring Service for comprehensive monitoring and rapid resolution of IT incidents.
Scuderia Toro Rosso Team Principal Franz Tost said: "Acronis came on board in the middle of the season and it didn't take long for their presence to make itself felt, as far as our IT department is concerned. Not only do we have to ensure that our data is protected and safe, we also want to access any part of it almost immediately in some situations. For example, when it comes to making a snap decision relating to race strategy. As leaders in hybrid cloud data protection, Acronis is able to meet both those requirements and we have already seen the benefits during the second half of the season."
The partnership also promotes innovation and the delivery of new technologies through Acronis R&D centers in the U.S., Singapore, and Russia. This year Acronis released a number of innovative technologies to support the needs of motorsport teams and always-on businesses. These include Acronis Notary data notarization, Acronis CloudRAID™ software-define storage redundancy, Acronis Instant Restore™ data recovery technology, and much more.
"Acronis is delighted so far with the results that the Toro Rosso partnership has generated — it is becoming a win-win situation for both sides. Racing teams are extremely efficient in using the collected data for rapid innovation and developing new technology. Here at Acronis we do the same. This partnership has created a synergy that is beneficial not only for the racing industry, but for the entire business world that depends on data," said Serguei Beloussov, Acronis' Founder and CEO.
Benefits for global partners and service providers
Acronis has embraced the Formula 1 values through its entire portfolio of solutions, which include the following products for consumers and service providers:
- Acronis True Image — #1 Personal Backup
- Acronis Backup 12 — #1 SMB Backup
- Acronis Backup Cloud — #1 Cloud Backup
- Acronis Storage — #1 Software Defined Storage
The partnership with Scuderia Toro Rosso has already proved to be beneficial for partners and service providers using these products:
- In just five months since the beginning of this partnership, Acronis has hosted over 1,000 guests at the Acronis Racing Weekends with Scuderia Toro Rosso around the world.
- Following the races, Acronis partners reported increased interest in Acronis products, and improved sales.
- This has also resulted in 50 percent Acronis partner growth globally, compared to the same period prior to the sponsorship. This includes new partnerships with Synapsys Systems and Innovix Distribution, key cloud service providers in the African Region and Southeast Asia respectively.
- In the US, Acronis Backup Cloud business has grown 115 percent YoY so far in 2016.
- In the APAC region, Acronis Cloud Business has grown over 50 percent YoY in 2016, currently amounting for over 20 percent of total revenue.
- From a Middle East and Africa regional standpoint, Acronis has seen its Cloud Business grow by 50 percent YoY in 2016 with consistent growth of enterprise and consumer backup products.
According to Gartner, public cloud services in the Middle East and North Africa region is forecasted to reach $880 million in 2016, an 18.3 percent growth compared to the year before.
Acronis listens to partners and customers and develops new technology that directly addresses current market needs. Acronis new Hybrid Cloud Architecture is specifically designed to help partners and customer take control over their data, and Acronis has allocated sufficient local resources in every region, to support the market growth.
For more information on Acronis Partner Programs please visit http://www.acronis.com/en-us/partners/
Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud data protection and storage through its backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine and set apart by its image technology, Acronis delivers easy, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud and mobile. Founded in 2003, Acronis protects the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 145 countries. With more than 100 patents, Acronis products have been named best product of the year, and cover a range of features, including migration, cloning and replication. Today, Acronis solutions are available worldwide through a global network of service providers, distributors and cloud resellers.
CONTACT: Amy Rice, email@example.com
SOURCE Acronis, Inc.