LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Acrylamide monomer (or acrylic amide) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound formed by the hydration of acrylonitrile.
It is soluble in water, alcohol and acetone but immiscible in benzene and heptanes. Although it is stable at room temperature, it can violently polymerize at its melting point or under UV light.
Here are some key findings of the study:
· The global acrylamide monomer market is currently being driven by its uses in diverse industries.
· One of the major factors boosting the growth of this market is the use of acrylamide monomer in the synthesis of polyacrylamide which is further used in wastewater treatment.
· Due to increasing environmental regulations which demand the industrial and municipal plants to limit their waste, the industrialized countries are now turning towards the use of polyacrylamide in their wastewater treatment.
· The Acrylamide Monomer market has grown at a CAGR of around 11% during 2009-2016.
The report has segmented the global acrylamide monomer market on the basis of its end-uses:
· Acrylamide monomer finds wide ranging applications encompassing a number of industries such as waste and wastewater treatment, petroleum, pulp, mining, coating and printing.
· Water management currently represents the dominating segment for this market.
· Other uses of acrylamide monomer include as a comonomer in superabsorbent polymers, cosmetic and personal care, production of n-methylolacrylamide, irrigation purposes in agriculture and food applications.
The report has also segmented the global acrylamide monomer market according to its key regions:
· Asia represents its biggest producer accounting for the majority of the total global production. Asia is followed by Europe, North America, Africa and the Middle East.
· Based on the analysis of the global import and export data, the report finds that the Unites States is the largest importer of acrylamide monomer followed by Germany, UK and France.
· China represents the largest exporter of acrylamide monomer followed by Germany, Netherlands and the United States.
The report has also analyzed the key players operating in the global acrylamide monomer market:
· SNF Group represents the world's largest acrylamide monomer manufacturer.
· SNF Group is followed by China National Petroleum Corporation, Kemira, Beijing Hengju Oilfield, BASF and Dia-Nitrix.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/acrylamide-monomer-market-witnesses-growth-of-11-cagr-from-2009-to-2016-300458011.html