DUBLIN, April 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Acrylonitrile Styrene Acrylate (ASA) Polymers: Applications and Markets" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
It is expected that the ASA market will experience significant growth during the forecast period. Its better properties over other thermoplastic material such as ABS, have resulted in ASA polymers being increasingly adopted in automotive, building and construction and other end-user industries.
Additionally, it is also penetrating other domains such as consumer electronics and home appliances, packaging and sports accessories. Compared to other materials, ASA has significant properties such as heat and aging resistance, high surface finish, high tensile strength, and resistance to chemicals; these properties are augmenting the application of ASA especially in the automotive sector. In a vehicle, ASA is used in manufacturing the instrument panel, interior parts, lighting, hoods, electrical parts and others.
Increasing automotive sales across the world are further increasing the market of ASA. The U.S., China, Germany, the U.K., Japan, India, France and South Korea are major automotive markets and are expected to significantly impact that ASA market.
Despite the advantageous properties of the ASA, there are some disadvantages that may restrict the growth of ASA polymers market. ASA melts with other thermoplastics such as polystyrenes, polyolefins and nylons. It is, however, moderately resistive toward concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrocarbons. Additionally, ASA generates toxic smoke when burned. Although these factors exist, ASAs increasing application in various domains offers significant opportunity for market growth. For example, ASA is finding opportunities as a material for 3D printing. In May 2018, Filamentive launched ASA filament for 3D printing. ASA is utilized as a 3D printing material because of its high strength, little warp and ability to resist UV light.
The report on the ASA polymers market provides a market overview, assesses application markets, provides an end-user analysis, and evaluates the ASA polymers market by application, end-user industry, chemistry, and geography. The major companies are profiled in the report; profiles include a detailed introduction, product portfolios, and recent developments. The report also includes regulatory aspects, current and developing technologies, market projections and market share.
The Report Includes:
- An overview of the global market for acrylonitrile styrene acrylate (ASA) polymers, identification of new technologies and discussion of their potential applications
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- A look at the factors that are responsible for the rising demand for ASA in adhesives, paints and other water-based emulsion industries
- Information on production of ASA polymers by grafted acrylic ester elastomer and discussion of their significant properties such as toughness, rigidity and thermal stability
- An analysis of patents issued to various companies for related technologies and processes
- Insight into government regulations in the U.S., EU, APAC and other regions
- Company profiles of the leading market players, including BASF, West Michigan Compounding LLC, Sitraplas GMBH, Nippon A &L Inc., Chi Mei Corp., and LG Chemicals
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Factors Driving the ASA Market
- Better Properties Compared to Other Alternatives
- Enormous Application in Automotive Industry
- Compatibility with Other Plastics
- Market Restraints
- Relatively High Cost
- Market Opportunities
- Rising Demand for Lightweight Vehicle
- Continuously Penetrating New Fields and Domains Such as 3D Printing
- Asia-Pacific Dominates the Global ASA Polymers Market
- Automotive Segment is Expected to Achieve Fastest Growth in the Global ASA Polymers Market
- Consumer Electronics and Home Appliances Segment Has Significant Market Share in the Global ASA Polymer Market
- ASA Polymers Should Be Environmentally Friendly for Sustainable Development
- Rules and Regulations
- The U.S.
- Czech Republic
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by End-User Industry
- Consumer Electronic and Home Appliances
- Sports and Leisure
- Building and Construction
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Application
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Paints and Coatings
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Chemistry
- 2-Ethyl Hexyl Acrylate
- Methyl Acrylate
- Ethyl Acrylate
- Butyl Acrylate
- N-Butyl Acrylate
- T-Butyl Acrylate
- I-Butyl Acrylate
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Gulf Cooperation Council Countries
Chapter 8 Industry and Raw Material Analysis
Chapter 9 Analysis of Market Opportunities
- Top ASA Players
- Chi Mei Corp. (Taiwan)
- SABIC (Saudi Arabia)
- Covestro AG (Germany)
- LG Chem (South Korea)
- Korea Kumho Petrochemical Co. Ltd. (South Korea)
- Competitive Product Analysis of ABS and ASA
- ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
- ASA (Acrylonitrile Styrene Acrylate)
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- A Schulman Inc.
- Bada Ag
- BASF Se
- CHI Mei Corp.
- Covestro Ag
- Dynachem Co. Ltd.
- Enviroplas Inc.
- Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corp.
- Guangdong Shunde Shunyan New Material Co. Ltd.
- Ineos Styrolution Group Gmbh
- Korea Kumho Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
- Lotte Advanced Materials Co. Ltd.
- Nippon A &L Inc.
- Omni Plastics Llc
- Polykemi Ab
- Polymer Compounders Ltd.
- Polymer Resources Ltd.
- Polyram Plastic Industries Ltd.
- Romira Gmbh
- Sax Polymers Industries Gmbh
- Shanghai Kumho Sunny Plastics Co. Ltd.
- Sitraplas Gmbh
- Taro Plast S.P.A
- Techno-Umg Co. Ltd.
- Ter Hell Plastics Gmbh
- West Michigan Compounding Llc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/sq5o29
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets