AMSTERDAM and NEW YORK, May 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Grip, web-based software that automatically generates visual content for physical goods, announced today the launch of Grip 2.0 to bring speed, volume and consistency back to the image creation process. Included in the launch are automated cropping of images for social media, new image export capabilities, advanced user roles and access rights and the redesign of the Grip user interface.
The release addresses how current image creation processes lack the branding and quality control enterprises and agencies require when producing images for e-commerce and digital marketing, quickly and in vast quantities. 66% of marketers state that great production quality is the most important success factor for visual content.
"Developing new creative is one of the top three barriers to success with visual content," explains Frans Vriesendorp, CEO of Grip. "Brands today face mounting demand for product images, with very little time or resources to create them. That's why we're really proud of the work we've done in Grip 2.0 and how the new features alleviate those struggles."
New features in the Grip 2.0 release include:
- Automated cropping of images for social media: Automatically crop any image (or group of images) generated in Grip using 11 presets for cover, profile, and shared images for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- New image export options: Export instant 360° videos (both MP4 files and PNG image sequences) and ultra-high-resolution images with 11K resolution (PSD and PNG files). Mass export images from the media library and download as a single compressed (.zip) file.
- New standard and custom image presets: Automatically apply standard image specs for any retailer with one click. Or create custom presets with any image size a business has need for.
- Enhanced user access rights and groups: Assign user roles (as admins, regular users and read-only users), create user groups and subgroups (customizable based on regions, business units and more), set group and individual user access rights for 3D objects and artworks and assign credits to groups and/or set individual credit limits.
- Improved asset management: Manage all asset types (PNG, PSD, JPEG, 3D objects and artworks) within the media library. Add metadata to any asset, use keywords to search assets and filter assets based on asset type, custom metadata, creation date, asset owner and more.
"We initially launched Grip to give brands the software needed to create product images at scale," said Shubham Mehrotra, Product Manager at Grip. "And with Grip 2.0 we're adding an improved UI with even better user functionality. It improves how companies manage global access rights, giving users access to the most relevant products and artwork to them. We're constantly adding new image export options and, as part of this release, we've added instant 360° images, 11K resolution images, the ability to mass export multiple files, among others."
To learn more about the new features in the Grip 2.0 release, please visit: http://bit.ly/2wp14qA
Grip simplifies the creation of relevant visual content, with no trade-offs made between speed, scale and quality. It provides web-based software that enables brands and agencies to automatically generate 100% on-brand visual content for physical products. Using a 3D model of every product, Grip turns a once days- or weeks-long process of visual content creation into one that's only a matter of minutes. With Grip, brands and agencies… simply generate. For more information, visit www.grip.tools.