ATHENS, Ga., April 4, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education offers a day of practical tips and timely ideas to help you manage your job and your professional growth at the 2011 Administrative Professionals Day® Conference, April 27, 2011 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. The two locations for this event are: The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education, 1197 South Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30602, and the University of Georgia Gwinnett Campus, 2530 Sever Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30043.
The conference is presented in observance of Administrative Professionals Week®, and office assistants, executive assistants, office managers, clerks, coordinators, secretaries and supervisors are invited. The Administrative Professionals Day® Conference will help participants focus on new ideas and techniques to stay motivated, effective, and successful in today's high-pressure work environment. Participants will have opportunities to network, make new acquaintances, and interact with experts during the workshops and luncheon.
Both Administrative Professionals Day® Conference locations offer attendees multiple breakout sessions with an opening keynote speaker. Attendees will have the opportunity to attend various breakout sessions on topics including:
UGA Athens campus
Keynote: Earl's Pearls on Enjoying Excellence (Dr. Earl Suttle)
- From PowerPoint to YouTube: Putting Presentations Online
- Excel and Word 2010/2007: Productivity Tips and Tricks
- Dealing With Difficult People
- Organizing Your Office
- Top 10 Common Writing/Grammar Mistakes
- Mind Calming: Calming Your Mind to Reduce Your Stress
UGA Gwinnett campus
Keynote: A Funny Thing Happened on My Way to the Word Processor (Greg Creech)
- Time and Organization Tactics for the Busy Administrative Professional
- How to Win in Office 2010: Features, Tips and Tricks in the Office 2010 Suite
- Power, Purpose, and Promotion: It's All in the Written Word!!
- Give 'Em the Pickle: Achieving World-Class Service
To register or for more information go to www.georgiacenter.uga.edu/adminpros-wire
or call 706-542-3537 or 800-811-6640.
The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education is a unit of the University of Georgia's Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach. The Center, provides innovative lifelong learning opportunities through its continuing education programs.
SOURCE University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education