Advancements in LASIK Vision Correction
Dr. Cutarelli makes a lasting impact on thousands of LASIK patients
18 Apr, 2011, 08:37 ET
DENVER, April 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- LASIK is a surgical procedure intended to reduce a person's dependency on glasses or contact lenses(1). It is a nearly painless procedure and has been FDA approved for well over a decade. Overall, LASIK patient satisfaction rate rivals that of any other medical procedure.
In large part due to Paul Cutarelli, MD, the Denver area is home to more individuals who have received laser vision correction than any other region. Dr. Cutarelli is one of the most experienced LASIK surgeons in North America, having performed over 60, 000 LASIK and PRK procedures.
"All Laser LASIK utilizes a combination of technological LASIK advancements, delivering the best possible visual outcomes and the sharpest laser vision correction possible," said Dr. Cutarelli, founder of Cutarelli Vision. "We are proud to be the leading vision correction center in the area to treat our patients with state-of-the-art care through the Blade Free LASIK and the Allegretto Wave® laser system."
This laser vision correction technology offers patients increased speed, accuracy and safety. In fact, the Allegretto Wave® is the finest excimer laser system in the United States today. Clinical results of the Allegretto Wave® show superior performance:
- At one year after treatment, more than 93% of patients said they saw at least as well or better than they had with glasses or contacts before treatment.
- More than 98% of patients achieved 20/40 vision one year after treatment; 20/40 is the level of visual acuity required to pass most driving tests.
- Nearly 60% of near-sighted patients achieved 20/16 vision after one year of treatment.
- Both near- and far-sighted patients reported an improvement in their reaction to bright lights and night driving glare after Allegretto Wave® treatments. In addition, near-sighted patients reported an improvement in sensitivity to light.
- The Allegretto Wave® has a total re-treatment rate of less than 5% of patients.
About Paul Cutarelli, MD
Dr. Cutarelli is a specialist in LASIK vision correction and Cataract Surgery. He earned his medical degree at Case Western Reserve University and completed his ophthalmology residency at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He completed a one-year corneal fellowship specifically in refractive surgery at Hunkeler Eye Center, Kansas City, MO, and an additional fellowship in cornea and anterior segment surgery and ocular disease at Moorfield's Eye Hospital in London, UK. To date, Dr. Cutarelli has performed more than 60,000 LASIK and PRK procedures.
Cutarelli Vision is located in Denver at 7887 E. Belleview Avenue, Suite 180 and Fort Collins at 2105 Bighorn Road, Suite 106. For questions or to schedule an appointment, visit www.cutarellivision.com.
(1)U.S. Food & Drug Administration (http://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/productsandmedicalprocedures/surgeryandlifesupport/lasik/default.htm)
SOURCE Cutarelli Vision
Share this article