NEW YORK, July 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
This report analyzes current and potential world markets for key cancer-based molecular diagnostics, including advances in the field. This report forecasts future growth to 2016. Market segments covered include: breast cancer; colon cancer; prostate cancer; non-small cell lung cancer; melanoma; and renal cancer. This report reviews the direction of research, and key issues facing the industry.
Features and benefits
* Identify key innovations in molecular diagnostics for oncology that may compete with those in development at your company.
* Understand the regulatory challenges facing the developers of molecular diagnostics for cancer.
* Understand the challenges that surround successfully commercializing a combined drug-diagnostic product and learn how to overcome them.
* Discover and analyze the key technology platforms being used in the development of novel molecular diagnostics.
* Discover the forecast market size for key segments of the cancer diagnostics market including: breast, colorectal, prostate, lung, and renal cancer.
Advances in genomics, proteomics, molecular imaging, and other new technologies are leading to a molecularly based reclassification of malignancy, creating market opportunities for diagnostic companies.
Companion diagnostics - linking drugs with diagnostics - is expected to become the prevailing health care model, offering advantages for both the prescription drug and diagnostics businesses. For diagnostics companies, combining with a successful companion drug can be a powerful driver of sales, especially when required for prescribing a drug.
If government regulatory agencies increase the use of biomarkers and diagnostics in prescribing decisions, it is likely that drug and diagnostics companies will increase their collaboration. New relationships are likely to develop between partners committed to personalized medicine embracing the approach of specialized pharmaceutical firms.
Your key questions answered
* Which of the cancer diagnostic market segments are forecast to grow most rapidly through to 2016 and thus be the most commercially attractive?
* What are the key innovations in molecular diagnostics that are going to drive market growth?
* How can pharma and diagnostic companies work together to successfully develop combined drug and diagnostic products?
* Which companies are developing the most promising technologies?
Trends in cancer diagnostics
About the author
Growing global incidence of cancer
The impact of unhealthy lifestyles on cancer
Personalized therapy gets closer
Molecularly targeted therapeutics
Move toward rationally designed trials
Accelerate the translation of preclinical research
Strategies toward personal cancer treatment
Near-term market opportunities
New pharmacogenomics, panels and arrays
Driving demand for tests
Targeted drugs fueling diagnostic growth
Stratifying patients to the best treatment
Trends in cancer diagnostics
An evolving science
Evolving health care practices
Reducing time to market
Addressing regulatory concerns
Changing clinical practice
Diagnostic influences therapeutic molecule discovery
Identifying patient populations
Nucleic acid testing
Gene expression profiling
The role of biomarkers
Evaluating therapeutic activity
Challenges and issues
DTCs and CTCs
New molecular test for cervical cancer
Detecting high risk types of HPV
License for EGFR lung cancer assay
Licensing agreement extended for prostate cancer biomarker
bioMérieux, GSK develop theranostic for treatment selection
Diagnostic test for pancreatic cancer
Test to select candidates for skin cancer immunotherapy
Collaboration for therapy, companion diagnostic
Companion diagnostics collaboration
Deal to accelerate development of new cancer diagnosis tools
Biomarkers for personalizing radiation cancer treatment
CTC antibodies on a chip track mesothelioma
Body fluid based oncology diagnostics
Highly validated genetic markers for malignant melanoma
Biomarkers for DNA methylation on melanoma tissue
Diagnostic predicts prostate cancer recurrence
Colorectal cancer test approved
Improving on prescription by trial and error
A need for more rapid, specific testing
Rescuing failed drugs
An unmet need for improving diagnosis
Selected novel products on the market
HPV and cervical cancer
Multigene expression testing
Predicting risk of recurrence
Drug resistance testing
Measuring exposure to drugs
World market analysis
Drug labeling modifications
Non-small cell lung cancer
Market by type of diagnostic
Becton, Dickinson and Company
Caris Life Sciences
CCC Diagnostics LLC
Roche Molecular Diagnostics
To order this report:
In Vitro Diagnostic Business News
Email: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626