MEXICO CITY, Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV: AEROMEX), the largest global airline in Mexico, today reported its unaudited consolidated results for the third quarter 2013.
KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE THIRD QUARTER 2013
- Grupo Aeromexico's third quarter net income reached $495 million pesos; a 17% increase year-on-year. Net margin for the quarter was 4.7%.
- Third quarter adjusted EBITDAR reached $2.17 billion pesos, with a 20.8% margin. The Company reported operating income of $834 million pesos with an 8.0% margin.
- Grupo Aeromexico's revenues reached $10.4 billion pesos in the third quarter 2013; a 0.4% increase, year-on-year. Load factor was 80.3%, an increase from the 77.1% load factor reported in 2012.
- Third quarter cost of available seat kilometers (CASK) excluding fuel decreased one percent year-over-year, representing the third consecutive quarter that CASK has decreased compared to the year prior.
- Third quarter net cash resources derived from operating activities totaled $735 million pesos. During 3Q2013, resources for $598 million pesos were spent related to investments in fixed assets. Group's cash balance as at September 30, 2013 was $2.9 billion pesos.
- Grupo Aeromexico added five new aircraft to its fleet in the third quarter 2013 (one Boeing 787-8, two Boeing 737-800, one Embraer 170 and one Embraer E175) and retired one Boeing 767-200. Grupo Aeromexico therefore maintains an operating fleet of 116 airplanes as at September 30, 2013.
- In an unprecedented event in September 2013, Grupo Aeromexico transported more than 11,000 passengers affected by Mexico's tropical storms on more than 100 flights, free of charge. Aeromexico also transported more than 145 tons of supplies, free of charge.
- The Group reached 90% On-Time Departure for the first nine months of 2013; an improvement of more than 11 percentage points compared with the same period in 2012.
Hector Enrique Aburto Perez
External Communications & P.R Coordinator