MEXICO CITY, Oct. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. de C.V. ("Aeromexico") (BMV: AEROMEX), today reported its unaudited consolidated results for the third quarter 2015.
KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE THIRD QUARTER 2015
- Grupo Aeromexico reported an operating margin of 9.1%; a 4.0 percentage point improvement compared to the same period of 2014. This represents the twenty second consecutive quarter of positive EBIT results.
- Operating profit reached $1.1 billion pesos; a 96.8% year-on-year increase.
- EBITDAR reached $3.3 billion pesos; a 52.0 % increase compared to the prior year. EBITDAR margin amounted to 26.8%, a 7.2 percentage point increase compared to the third quarter of 2014.
- Net income reached $737 million pesos with a 5.9% margin.
- Grupo Aeromexico's revenues reached $12.4 billion pesos; an 11.0% year-on-year increase.
- These financial results reflect the positive impact of reduced fuel prices and the negative impact of Mexican Peso depreciation against the US dollar. CASK in pesos decreased 2.9% while CASK in dollars decreased 22.6%, highlighting Grupo Aeromexico´s ongoing focus on optimizing unit costs.
- During the first nine months of 2015, Grupo Aeromexico's revenues reached $34.3 billion pesos, a 9.7% increase compared to the same period of 2014. EBITDAR reached $8.1 billion pesos, a 50.8% increase year-on-year.
- During the first three quarters of 2015, Grupo Aeromexico reported operating profit of $2.0 billion pesos, twice as much as the first three quarters of 2014. Operating margin reached 5.9%, 3.1 percentage points higher than the first three quarters of 2014.
- During the first nine months of the year, cash flow generation has remained strong with $3.9 billion pesos incremental net cash flow generated from operating activities.
- The Company added four aircraft to its fleet under operating lease agreements: three Boeing 737-800s, and one Embraer-170. Grupo Aeromexico's operating fleet comprised 122 aircraft, a decrease of three aircraft compared to the second quarter of 2015.
To access the full text of this earnings release, please visit Aeromexico's Investor Relations website at: http://www.aeromexico.com/investors/welcome.html
DATE: Grupo Aeromexico will hold its Q3 2015 results call on October 28, 2015
TIME: 12:00 pm ET/10:00 am Mexico City Time
DIAL-IN: US Toll Free: 1-877-407-9124
International Toll: 1-201-689-8584
SPEAKERS: Andrés Conesa Labastida, CEO
Ricardo Sánchez Baker, CFO
Registration is required; please dial in at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
The conference call will be available for replay until Nov 28, 2015 at 11:59 PM:
Toll Free US 1-877-660-6853
Toll International 1-201-612-7415
Replay Conference ID Number: 13622846
The conference call replay can also be accessed via Grupo Aeromexico's Investor Relations website: http://aeromexico.com/investors/welcome.html
Safe Harbor Statement
This release contains forward-looking statements regarding the Company's results and business prospects. The readers should know that the results obtained may differ from that stated on this release. Past performances do not guarantee the behavior of future performances. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any of these statements, either as a result of new information, future actions or other related events.
About Grupo Aeromexico
Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. is a holding company whose subsidiaries are engaged in commercial aviation in Mexico and the promotion of passenger loyalty programs. Aeromexico, the largest airline in Mexico, operates more than 600 daily flights from its main hub in Terminal 2 at the Mexico City International Airport. Its destinations network features more than 80 cities on three continents, including 47 destinations in Mexico, 17 in the United States, 12 in Latin America, three in Europe, two in Asia and one in Canada.
The Group's fleet of more than 120 aircraft is comprised of Boeing 787, 777, 767 and 737 jet airliners and next generation Embraer 145, 170, 175 and 190 models. In 2012, the airline announced the most significant investment strategy in aviation history in Mexico, to purchase 100 Boeing aircraft including 90 MAX B737 jet airliners and 10 B787-9 Dreamliners.
As a founding member of the SkyTeam airline alliance, Aeromexico offers customers 1,000 destinations in 178 countries served by the 19 SkyTeam airline partners rewarding passengers with benefits including access to 530 premium airport lounges around the world. Aeromexico also offers travel on its codeshare partner flights with Delta Air Lines, Alaska Airlines, Avianca, LAN, TACA and TAM with extensive connectivity in countries like the United States, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia and Peru. www.aeromexico.com www.skyteam.com
SOURCE Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. de C.V.