LONDON, April 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This report covers the current and future status, opportunities and market forecasts of 3D printing. It contains many illustrative and analytical figures and tables plus 90 company profiles from across the globe.
For a deeper analysis of the report ,visit: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4447325/
3D printing has received much attention in the press over recent years. Hyped as the technology to bring about a 3rd industrial revolution, 3D printing technologies were in fact invented in the early 80s. They remained a niche technology until the expiration of a key patent in 2009 allowed many start-ups to emerge offering cheap consumer-level 3D printers. Even after the media hype some market sectors are still reporting huge growth rates.
Applications are also emerging in the medical and dental fields, where the opportunity afforded by cheap mass customization is allowing surgeons to replicate a patient's body based on MRI and CT scans in order to practice difficult invasive procedures, and medical and dental implants which are fully customized to a particular individual can be generated.
The following technologies are covered in detail including lists of all major vendors for each technology type and SWOT analyses with quantitative data and references to vendors:
- Digital Light Processing
- Inkjetted photopolymers
- Thermoplastic extrusion
- Selective Laser Sintering of plastics
- Selective Laser Melting of metals
- Blown metal powder
- Sand binding
- Binder jetted into metal powder (by ExOne)
- Smooth Curvature Printing (by Solidscape)
- Selective Deposition Lamination (by Mcor Technologies)
- Hybrid CNC
This report gives forecasts to 2027 in the following forms:
1. Market forecast by industry (bioprinting, automotive, aerospace, consumer products, medical, oil & gas, hobbyist, dental, education and jewelry)
2. Market share by industry
3. Market forecast growth by industry
4. Market forecast by revenue stream (printer, materials, services)
5. Market forecast for printers and materials by price.
6. Market forecast for printers and materials by technology type.
7. Mapping the 3DP landscape by size, precision, speed and price.
Applications are detailed for:
- Manufacture of flight-critical production parts in metals
- Mold making for metal casting
- Rapid prototyping
The trillion dollar oil and gas industry is an emerging user of 3D printing with the second highest forecast growth. When significant penetration has occurred into the above markets, 3D printing in these big industries will lock into the capital expenditure cycles associated with them, and, as is the case for other CNC machines, periodic fluctuations in sales will occur -- growth will not be steady and monotonic.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aerospace-established-as-end-user-industry-with-highest-growth-rate-300444624.html