ACTON, Mass., Feb. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Affirmed Networks, the leader in virtualized mobile networks, today announced the delivery of the industry's first 5G mobile core, currently in trials with tier one operators in North America and the Middle East.
The Affirmed Networks' 5G Mobile Core, built on a web-scale architecture enabling rapid creation of new services and unlimited scale, delivers unrivaled capabilities including:
- Support for 5G New Radio (NR), the new global 5G radio standard that provides major performance, cost and efficiency improvements over previous wireless technologies
- New industry benchmark for network performance delivering over 150 Gbps throughput on a single Intel ® Xeon ® server
- A cloud native microservices architecture
- Automated service provisioning across legacy, virtualized and multi-vendor environments with Affirmed Service Automation Platform (ASAP)
- Fine grained network slicing with the Affirmed Virtual Slice Selection Function (vSSF)
- Integrated virtual probes providing real time intelligence and service assurance with Affirmed Networks' vProbe and Analytics solution
- A distributed architecture (CUPS) to support high bandwidth low latency applications and Mobile Edge Computing (MEC)
- Multi-access support – Cellular, WiFi, Fixed Line
"Affirmed Networks was founded to address the mobile operator imperatives of improving service agility and economic scaling of mobile networks, and over the past seven years we have pioneered the transformation of these networks," said Hassan Ahmed, Chairman and CEO, Affirmed Networks. "With 5G, these business imperatives are even more critical to operators. I am pleased that with the introduction of the industry's first cloud native 5G mobile core, Affirmed is once again driving the industry and demonstrating our unwavering focus on addressing the most pressing needs of our customers."
How 5G Changes the Game
The arrival of 5G will fundamentally alter the amount and diversity of services delivered on the network. With more enterprise customers using the network, operators will have new opportunities for driving revenue growth. To serve these customers, operators will need to offer unique and highly customized services via network slices. Automation and real-time analytics will be critical to efficiently deliver and manage these network slices, allowing operators to now optimize service delivery with closed loop automation.
Affirmed Networks' 5G Mobile Core embraces a web-scale approach for developing and delivering differentiated services and provides Communication Service Providers (CSPs) benefits across many areas including:
- Superior Customer Experience: Efficiently gather real-time network and subscriber intelligence using integrated virtual probes, deliver faster service activation times and self-service capabilities with automated service provisioning.
- Rapid Service Creation and Delivery: Deliver customized services with fine grained network slicing, enable rapid feature development and easy integration with 3rd party application and content partners using a microservices architecture
- Unlimited Scale: Affirmed Networks continues to lead the industry driving the highest levels of performance and delivering the lowest cost per bit with an open architecture that scale linearly to support the unprecedented mobile data growth.
"A key challenge operators have today is not just maintaining status quo with today's LTE network as they start to adopt 5G technologies, but how to continue to drive business success spanning both their 4G and 5G networks," said Chris Nicoll, Principal Analyst, ACG. "This is exactly what Affirmed is doing – using the technology foundation of 5G such as their web-scale platform and network slicing – to drive operator business success, today."
Continued Leadership & Innovation
With more than 65 customers globally, Affirmed Networks' Mobile Content Cloud platform is the industry's highest performing and most widely deployed NFV solution. Operators can take advantage of a 5G capabilities today, delivering differentiated services more quickly and improving the overall customer experience.
The introduction of the industry's first cloud native 5G mobile core builds upon this leadership, delivering the scale, performance and service agility CSPs require to experience the potential of 5G and cloud-based architectures today. Customers globally are monetizing their 4G Networks with Affirmed Networks' 5G Core.
About Affirmed Networks, Inc.
Affirmed Networks has achieved significant attention as its Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) solution has become the standard for the world's top mobile operators. Currently, the company has been deployed commercially, including in Tier 1 and Tier 2 mobile networks, and is engaged in many trials worldwide. For more information, please visit: www.affirmednetworks.com.
SOURCE Affirmed Networks