SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college rankings site centering on unique and affordable academic programs -- announced the release of its newest college rankings list, featuring 20 Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Communications and Publication Relations.
The top three schools on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list are: (1) Louisiana State University-Shreveport (Shreveport, Louisiana); (2) University of Texas of the Permian Basin (Odessa, Texas); (3) University of Houston-Victoria (Victoria, Texas). The complete list of all 20 ranked U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* Arkansas State University-Main Campus (Jonesboro, Arkansas)
* Baker University (Baldwin City, Kansas)
* Bellevue University (Bellevue, Nebraska)
* Dominican College of Blauvelt (Orangeburg, New York)
* Fort Hays State University (Hays, Kansas)
* Granite State College (Concord, New Hampshire)
* King University (Bristol, Tennessee)
* Louisiana State University-Shreveport (Shreveport, Louisiana)
* Midway University (Midway, Kentucky)
* Mississippi College (Clinton, Mississippi)
* Montana State University-Billings (Billings, Montana)
* North Dakota State University (Fargo, North Dakota)
* Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, Arizona)
* University of Houston-Victoria (Victoria, Texas)
* University of Maryland-University College (Adelphi, Maryland)
* University of Memphis (Memphis, Tennessee)
* University of Minnesota-Crookston (Crookston, Minnesota)
* University of Phoenix-Arizona (Tempe, Arizona)
* University of Texas of the Permian Basin (Odessa, Texas)
* Upper Iowa University (Fayette, Iowa)
"What's one of the most common skills that job descriptions often mention?" asks Raj Dash, the article's lead researcher. "Communication." But while employees need communication skills, so too do businesses and organizations -- particularly to communicate to consumers of their products and services, as well as vendors and other entities.
"While we have already ranked bachelor's degrees of communication as well as of public relations, this article focuses on master's level programs of either communication, public relations, or joint programs. Specifically, we've ranked the most affordable such programs that are offered online, either fully or partially. There are a wide range of occupations that graduates of such programs can pursue, and we've provided a partial list compiled from the Web pages of the bachelor's schools ranked in this article. There's also a sampling of courses listed, for nearly every school ranked, to help program seekers narrow their search. Finally, the rankings article summarizes a selection of available NCES (National Center for Education Statistics) data in the form of tables and charts, to further allow comparison of the ranked colleges.
"Rankings for this list were compiled with data from NCES, a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). We first queried for institutions that grant bachelor's degrees in Communications, Public Relations or both, on a distance education basis, then applied our standard data filters, sorted by increasing average annual net price, and manually selected the 20 most affordable colleges with active online degree programs (BA, BS, BBA, etc.) in these topics." Similar topical rankings will be published at AffordableSchools (http://affordableschools.net) -- an independent college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs -- on a regular basis.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordableschoolsnet-releases-its-affordability-ranking-of-online-bachelors-level-communications-and-publication-relations-degrees-300284893.html