SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college rankings site centering on unique and affordable academic programs -- announced the release of its newest college rankings list, featuring 20 Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Criminal Justice Studies.
The top three schools on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list are: (1) University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, Texas); (2) Dalton State College (Dalton, Georgia); (3) Fayetteville State University (Fayetteville, North Carolina). The complete list of all 20 ranked U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* American Public University System (Charles Town, West Virginia)
* Dalton State College (Dalton, Georgia)
* Fayetteville State University (Fayetteville, North Carolina)
* Indiana University-East (Richmond, Indiana)
* Louisiana State University-Alexandria (Alexandria, Louisiana)
* McNeese State University (Lake Charles, Louisiana)
* Missouri Southern State University (Joplin, Missouri)
* National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension (Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota)
* North Carolina Central University (Durham, North Carolina)
* Northern Kentucky University (Highland Heights, Kentucky)
* Northwestern State University of Louisiana (Natchitoches, Louisiana)
* Park University (Parkville, Missouri)
* Peirce College (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
* Texas A & M University-Commerce (Commerce, Texas)
* University of Houston-Downtown (Houston, Texas)
* University of Louisiana at Monroe (Monroe, Louisiana)
* University of Maine at Augusta (Augusta, Maine)
* University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, Texas)
* University of Texas of the Permian Basin (Odessa, Texas)
* Wichita State University (Wichita, Kansas)
"The Criminal Justice field offers an incredibly wide range of career opportunities - arguably more than any of the other bachelor's degree topics that we've covered to date on the AffordableSchools.net site," said the article's lead researcher, Raj Dash.
"While there are three facets to criminal justice - law enforcement, legal, corrections - the first category alone offers many dozens of types of occupations, some of which are interdisciplinary and involve forensic science, mathematics, computer science, cybersecurity, psychology or any of several other fields. This diversity means that Americans with a collective wide range of interests may find a career in criminal justice suitable to them.
"Our college rankings list of online bachelor's degrees in criminal justice focuses on law-enforcement-related careers and should get interested students started on choosing an affordable school -- or at least make them aware of the range of degree options and careers available to them."
Rankings for this list were compiled with data from NCES, a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). We queried for institutions that grant bachelor's degrees in "Criminal Justice" (specifically, "Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration", "Criminal Justice/Police Science", "Criminal Justice/Safety Studies") on a distance education basis, then applied our standard data filters. This includes sorting data by increasing average annual net price, and manually selecting the 20 most affordable colleges with active online degree programs (BA, BBA, BS, etc.) in this topic. Similar topical rankings are published at AffordableSchools (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs -- on a regular basis.
Raj Kumar Dash (Email)
Skype phone #: 310-929-7240 (voicemail only)
Contact form: http://affordableschools.net/contact/