SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college rankings site centering on unique and affordable academic programs -- announced the release of its newest college rankings list, featuring 20 Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Finance.
The top three schools on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list are: (1) University of Houston-Downtown (Houston, Texas); (2) National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension (Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota); (3) Park University (Parkville, Missouri). The complete list of all 20 ranked U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* Baker College (Flint, Michigan)
* Capella University (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
* Colorado Technical University-Online (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
* Columbia College (Columbia, Missouri)
* Davenport University (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
* Dickinson State University (Dickinson, North Dakota)
* Florida International University (Miami, Florida)
* Metropolitan State University (Saint Paul, Minnesota)
* Missouri State University-Springfield (Springfield, Missouri)
* National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension (Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota)
* Old Dominion University (Norfolk, Virginia)
* Park University (Parkville, Missouri)
* SUNY College of Technology at Canton (Canton, New York)
* University of Houston-Downtown (Houston, Texas)
* University of Houston-Victoria (Victoria, Texas)
* University of Maryland-University College (Adelphi, Maryland)
* University of Massachusetts-Amherst (Amherst, Massachusetts)
* University of Minnesota-Crookston (Crookston, Minnesota)
* University of the Southwest (Hobbs, New Mexico)
* Upper Iowa University (Fayette, Iowa)
"If you enjoy working with numbers and have an interest in the future monetary health of businesses or individuals, a finance career may suit you," said the article's lead researcher, Raj Dash.
"The career paths that graduates of a bachelors-level degree in finance can follow are numerous and not limited to high-stress (but high-paying) careers on Wall Street in New York, or in the financial district of San Francisco and other large American cities. We've compiled a list of over 100 career options, from the Web pages of the 20 colleges ranked in this article.
"There is a considerable range of cross-disciplinary choices in which financial professionals can serve important roles for businesses as well as private citizens. So, there's quite likely a finance career that may appeal to you. One of the most in-demand professions is as a personal finance advisor, with a jobs growth prediction of 30% between 2014-2024, according to the BLS, in their Occupational Outlook Handbook Web pages (Bureau of Labor Statistics, http://bls.gov/ooh). This college rankings article can help you get started in finding a suitable, affordable online degree in finance at the bachelor's level."
Rankings for this list were compiled with data from NCES, a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). We queried for institutions that grant bachelor's degrees in "Finance, General" on a distance education basis, then applied our standard data filters. This includes sorting data by increasing average annual net price, and manually selecting the 20 most affordable colleges with active online degree programs (BA, BBA, BS, etc.) in this topic. Similar topical rankings are published at AffordableSchools (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs -- on a regular basis.