SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college rankings site centering on unique and affordable academic programs -- announced the release of its newest online masters programs rankings list, featuring the 25 Most Affordable Online Master's of Communications and Public Relations Degrees.
The top three schools on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list are: (1) Spring Arbor University (Spring Arbor, Michigan); (2) Queens University of Charlotte (Charlotte, North Carolina); (3) Liberty University (Lynchburg, Virginia). The complete list of all 25 U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* Academy of Art University (San Francisco, California)
* Arizona State University-Tempe (Tempe, Arizona)
* Asbury University (Wilmore, Kentucky)
* Austin Peay State University (Clarksville, Tennessee)
* California Baptist University (Riverside, California)
* Clarion University of Pennsylvania (Clarion, Pennsylvania)
* Concordia University-Saint Paul (Saint Paul, Minnesota)
* Concordia University-Wisconsin (Mequon, Wisconsin)
* Full Sail University (Winter Park, Florida)
* Gonzaga University (Spokane, Washington)
* Liberty University (Lynchburg, Virginia)
* Loyola University Maryland (Baltimore, Maryland)
* Marist College (Poughkeepsie, New York)
* Mississippi College (Clinton, Mississippi)
* National University (La Jolla, California)
* Queens University of Charlotte (Charlotte, North Carolina)
* Quincy University (Quincy, Illinois)
* South Dakota State University (Brookings, South Dakota)
* Spring Arbor University (Spring Arbor, Michigan)
* Troy University (Troy, Alabama)
* University of Maryland-University College (Adelphi, Maryland)
* Walden University (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
* Webster University (Saint Louis, Missouri)
* West Virginia University (Morgantown, West Virginia)
* Western New England University (Springfield, Massachusetts)
"Anyone who has spent a bit of time online, especially on social media Web sites, has probably seen how easy it is for statements, comments or even any information to be easily misunderstood out of context," said Raj Dash, the article's lead researcher.
"With businesses constantly building a presence online (Web and Mobile), public relations and communications roles are more critical than ever, and tasks now encompass more than just traditional channels. As such, a well-rounded master's degree in these topics is likely to include both traditional and newer approaches to communicating with people, and strategies for handling public relations matters, for businesses, government agencies or nonprofit entities. This includes emerging media -- especially Web sites, social media, mobile apps, etc.
"Of course, these are skills that are valuable in a wide range of business and creative roles -- even those that are not strictly categorized as 'communications' or 'public relations'. Even individuals building their own personal brands for products or services can benefit from the knowledge gained in these graduate degrees and certificates.
"We've focused this college rankings article on online master's degrees in either communications or public relations, for academic programs that are either fully online or offered in a hybrid mode that may require some on-campus presence. For individuals interested in bachelors-level programs, the article also links to several previously published college rankings in these same topics."
College rankings for this article were compiled with data from NCES (National Center for Education Statistics), a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). We queried for graduate institutions that grant degrees in Communication (Media Studies; General) or Public Relations (Advertising, and Applied Communication, Corporate Communications, Image Management, etc.) on a distance basis, filtered out colleges that are based in U.S. protectorate nations, sorted by increasing out-of-state tuition, filtered out doctoral-only and certificate-only colleges, and filtered for active online masters degree programs. This resulted in our list of the 25 most affordable masters programs in communications and public relations. Similar topical rankings will be published at AffordableSchools (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs -- on a regular basis.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordableschoolsnet-releases-its-affordability-ranking-of-online-masters-level-communications-and-public-relations-degrees-300307369.html