SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college rankings site centering on unique and affordable academic programs -- announced the release of its newest online masters programs rankings list, featuring the 25 Most Affordable Online Master's of Human Resources Management Degrees. (http://affordableschools.net/25-affordable-online-masters-human-resources-management-degrees/)
The top three schools on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list are: (1) Columbia Southern University (Orange Beach, Alabama); (2) Trident University International (Cypress, California); (3) Marygrove College (Detroit, Michigan). The complete list of all 25 U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* Belhaven University (Jackson, Mississippi)
* Brandman University (Irvine, California)
* Briar Cliff University (Sioux City, Iowa)
* Colorado State University-Global Campus (Greenwood Village, Colorado)
* Columbia Southern University (Orange Beach, Alabama)
* Concordia University-Saint Paul (Saint Paul, Minnesota)
* Concordia University-Wisconsin (Mequon, Wisconsin)
* Davenport University (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
* Indiana Wesleyan University-Marion (Marion, Indiana)
* Marygrove College (Detroit, Michigan)
* National University (La Jolla, California)
* Ottawa University-Online (Ottawa, Kansas)
* Regis University (Denver, Colorado)
* Saint Leo University (Saint Leo, Florida)
* Saint Mary's University of Minnesota (Winona, Minnesota)
* Tarleton State University (Stephenville, Texas)
* Texas A & M University-Central Texas (Killeen, Texas)
* Thomas Edison State University (Trenton, New Jersey)
* Trident University International (Cypress, California)
* University of Maryland-University College (Adelphi, Maryland)
* University of Saint Mary (Leavenworth, Kansas)
* University of Scranton (Scranton, Pennsylvania)
* Walden University (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
* Webster University (Saint Louis, Missouri)
* Wilmington University (New Castle, Delaware)
"In recent years, the role of HR professional has increased in status in many organizations," said Raj Dash, the article's lead researcher. "While traditional HR tasks are still important and are fulfilled as necessary, professionals with advanced degrees and certification are often an integral part of businesses, non-profits and other entities. Now, they potentially play a role in an organization's financial status, overall strategy for growth and other important aspects.
"Particularly in certain industries such as software development, where core talent such as developers and engineers may be rare for certain programming languages or computer technologies, skilled HR professionals are key to determining compensation, benefits, training and other packages for the purposes of employee development and retention. These are aspects that both startup and veteran businesses need to consider.
"With new companies always coming into existence regardless of industry, simultaneous building an online brand as well maintaining core product and service offerings requires a range of talented employees from many disciplines. HR professionals need to know how to stay on top of technological, employment and even educational trends to better ensure that their organization can find the personnel for whom they are looking -- else have a strategy for training candidates into the ideal skill set.
"This college rankings article presents 25 of the least costly masters-level degrees (and some graduate certificates) in human resources-related academic programs that are offered fully or partly online. This should provide a good starting point for working HR professionals seeking such a degree, as well as for individuals desiring to enter an HR-related career. Curriculum alignment SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management) guidelines is mentioned where applicable."
College rankings for this article were compiled with data from NCES (National Center for Education Statistics), a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). We queried for graduate institutions that grant degrees in Human Resources Management on a distance basis, filtered out colleges that are based in U.S. protectorate nations, sorted by increasing out-of-state tuition, filtered out doctoral-only and certificate-only colleges, and filtered for active online masters degree programs. This resulted in our list of the 25 most affordable masters programs in human resources management. Similar topical rankings will be published at AffordableSchools (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs -- on a regular basis.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affordableschoolsnet-releases-its-affordability-ranking-of-online-masters-level-human-resources-management-degrees-300307949.html