SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college rankings site centering on unique and affordable academic programs -- announced the release of its newest online masters programs rankings list, featuring the 25 Most Affordable Online Master's of Business Administration Degrees.
The top three schools on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list are: (1) Citadel Military College of South Carolina (Charleston, South Carolina); (2) Fitchburg State University (Fitchburg, Massachusetts); (3) Grantham University (Lenexa, Kansas). The complete list of all 25 U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* Amberton University (Garland, Texas)
* American Public University System (Charles Town, West Virginia)
* Ashland University (Ashland, Ohio)
* Aspen University (Denver, Colorado)
* California Miramar University (San Diego, California)
* Citadel Military College of South Carolina (Charleston, South Carolina)
* Columbia Southern University (Orange Beach, Alabama)
* Culver-Stockton College (Canton, Missouri)
* Cumberland University (Lebanon, Tennessee)
* Delta State University (Cleveland, Mississippi)
* Fitchburg State University (Fitchburg, Massachusetts)
* Grantham University (Lenexa, Kansas)
* Louisiana State University-Shreveport (Shreveport, Louisiana)
* Midway University (Midway, Kentucky)
* Midwestern State University (Wichita Falls, Texas)
* New Mexico Highlands University (Las Vegas, New Mexico)
* Ohio Christian University (Circleville, Ohio)
* Southern University and A & M College (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
* Tabor College (Hillsboro, Kansas)
* Taft University System (Denver, Colorado)
* Tennessee Wesleyan College (Athens, Tennessee)
* Trident University International (Cypress, California)
* University of Texas of the Permian Basin (Odessa, Texas)
* University of the Cumberlands (Williamsburg, Kentucky)
* Warner University (Lake Wales, Florida)
"For roughly the past four decades, 'business' has been the most popular college major for nearly every year, at the undergrad level, and much more recently also at the graduate level," said Raj Dash, the article's lead researcher. "The number of degrees conferred for masters programs in Business overtook that of Education in the 2010-11 Academic Year (AY) and has maintained that lead in subsequent AYs.
"Given the importance of business and business-related skills to a country as collectively entrepreneurial as the United States, this enrollment shift at the graduate level is not surprising. Business skills, including management, marketing and administration are always valuable. Many if not most MBA programs expect candidates to have some work experience, and the additional skills gained in such a program opens doors to career advancement, particularly at the management level. Self-driven individuals might also use the knowledge gained to start their own businesses or become consultants.
"An MBA is arguably one of the most valuable graduate degrees that you can add to any of a wide range of undergrad disciplines. If you're seeking this knowledge with the convenience of an online program so that you can continue to work, you do not necessarily need to pay a top-tier business school tuition. This rankings article should help in finding an affordable business school offering an MBA program, some with a dozen or more concentration options."
College rankings for this article were compiled with data from NCES (National Center for Education Statistics), a bureau of the Dept. of Education (http://nces.ed.gov/). We queried for graduate institutions that grant degrees in "Business Administration and Management, General" on a distance basis, filtered out colleges that are based in U.S. protectorate nations, sorted by increasing out-of-state tuition, filtered out doctoral-only and certificate-only colleges, and filtered for active online masters degree programs. This resulted in our list of the 25 most affordable online masters programs in business administration. Similar topical rankings will be published at AffordableSchools (http://affordableschools.net) -- a college search and rankings site with a focus on affordable colleges and programs -- on a regular basis.