CHICAGO, Jan. 31, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- AgencyEA, a global full-service brand experience agency, announced today the findings of its second annual research study on the state of experiential. The industry-wide study takes an in-depth look at the anticipated trends impacting the industry in 2019 and beyond.
Over 700 industry professionals across Fortune 500 companies, agencies and vendors were surveyed — sharing their perspective on industry spending, factors impacting experiential success, the most effective experiential tactics and the best use of experiential investment in 2019. Now in its second year, the research study includes year-over-year comparisons and valuable insights from brand-side marketers, with an emphasis on experiential programming in the B2B realm.
In 2019, the major trends influencing the industry are projected to be: hyper-personalized experiences, events that extend beyond the convention center and innovative networking platforms.
Notable Study Findings
- 92 percent of brand-side respondents believe integrating experiential marketing within the overall sales and marketing funnel is imperative to their success.
- 67 percent of B2B brand-side marketers anticipate a growth in events/experiential budget in the next 18 months, a 17 percent increase from 2018.
- B2B brand-side marketers are anticipating an average growth in events/experiential budget of 24 percent in the next 18 months.
- 75 percent of B2B brand-side respondents agree that experiential has proven to be the most successful tactic of their brand's various marketing strategies, a 14 percent increase from 2018.
- Brands can no longer expect their audience to come to them – they are now bringing their events/experiential activations to their audiences. In fact, 60% of respondents stated that effectively reaching non-physical attendees (i.e. Livestream viewers or audiences observing via social media content) is critical to an event's success.
"Brands know their audiences are looking for authenticity and recognize the beneficial impact of human-to-human interaction. As a result, the demand for experiential continues to grow," said Gabrielle Martinez, Managing Partner and Co-founder of agencyEA. "The data mirrors what we hear from our clients. While they instinctively know the value of face-to-face experiences, EA's research findings can now provide quantitative proof."
AgencyEA (agencyea.com) is a brand experience agency. EA connects brands with their target audiences through experiential, digital and traditional engagement. Founded in 1999 as Event Architects, agencyEA has worked with esteemed clients such as Hilton, Intuit, Google, Samsung, Target, MillerCoors and the Obama Administration.
Claire Holland, VP Marketing Communications