WASHINGTON, Nov. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Boston's new Chief Information Officer, Jascha Franklin-Hodge, will join senior security executives from RSA, Wayfair.com, Veracode and Visa for a discussion of security technology and systems at a Bloomberg Government briefing in Boston. The event is open to the public and the press.
Produced in partnership with Visa, Bloomberg Government's "The Digital Trust: The Technology of Trust" event is the third of a national six-part series on the value of trust in the digital economy.
WHEN: November 13, 2014
8:20-10:30 AM EST
Doors open at 8:00 AM
WHERE: The State Room
60 State Street, 33rd Floor
Boston, MA 02019
PRESS: Media must be credentialed to attend the event. To RSVP please contact Lindsay Bomar at [email protected]
8:00 AM Registration
8:20 AM Opening Remarks
8:30 AM Protecting the Digital Citizen
- Jascha Franklin-Hodge, Chief Information Officer, City of Boston
9:10 AM The New Theft: How Hackers are This Generation's Shoplifters
- Jack Wood, Chief Information Officer, Wayfair.com
- Chris Wysopal, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Veracode
- Ellen Richey, Vice Chairman of Risk and Public Policy, Visa
9:50 AM Critical Security: The Next Generation of Protection
- Mike Brown, Vice President and General Manager, RSA Global Public Sector
- John Mallery, Research Affiliate, MIT
- Aaron Brantly, Assistant Professor, Army Cyber Institute, U.S. Military Academy
10:30 AM Event Concludes
About The Digital Trust: Securing Commerce Series:
The Digital Trust is a national conversation about the technology enabling trusted, secure connections between consumers and merchants, transforming commerce and expanding choice. Bloomberg Government and Visa began with a kick-off event in Washington, D.C., and will host events in Austin and Boston in the Fall of 2014. The conversation will continue in 2015 with forums in Chicago and San Francisco, culminating in the keystone event in Washington, D.C.
Bloomberg Government's "The Digital Trust" Series with Visa will include:
- Washington, D.C. - "Securing Commerce" Series Kick-off – September 30, 2014
- Austin – "Solving for Cyber: The Business of Building Trust" – October 21, 2014
- Boston – "The Technology of Trust" – November 13, 2014
- Chicago – "Trusted Connections are Transforming Commerce" – January 22, 2015
- San Francisco – "Pay it Forward: The Future of Secure Payments" – February 19, 2015
- Washington, D.C. – "In Digital We Trust" – March 26, 2015
About Bloomberg Government:
Bloomberg Government is the single source for professionals who need to understand the business impacts of government actions so they can work quickly, decisively and effectively. This comprehensive, subscription-based, online tool collects best-in-class data, provides high-end analysis and analytic tools, and delivers deep, reliable, timely and unbiased reporting from a team of more than 2,300 journalists and multimedia specialists worldwide. Follow us on Twitter @BGOV and like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/bloomberggovernment. For more information visit www.bgov.com.
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions, and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. We operate one of the world's most advanced processing networks — VisaNet — that is capable of handling more than 56,000 transaction messages a second, with fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants. Visa is not a bank and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations, however, enable its financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: pay now with debit, pay ahead of time with prepaid or pay later with credit products. For more information, visit usa.visa.com/about-visa, visacorporate.tumblr.com and @VisaNews.
SOURCE Bloomberg Government