CLEVELAND, Oct. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Agilysys, Inc. (Nasdaq: AGYS), a leading provider of innovative information technology and hospitality software solutions, today announced that The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas has selected a comprehensive software suite for the 2,995-room property, which is scheduled to open Dec. 15. The new luxury resort will implement Agilysys solutions for property management, inventory and procurement, point of sale, condo accounting and document management.
"A property of our size and scope requires powerful and reliable technology, and the Agilysys solutions have successful track records at many of the world's major casino-hotels," said Arthur Keith, general manager of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. "Agilysys truly offers the 'total package,' with a wide range of software solutions combined with knowledgeable and professional sales and support staff. We look forward to implementing the technology and are confident it will help us enhance efficiency, conserve resources and capitalize on revenue opportunities."
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas will use the following solutions from Agilysys:
- Lodging Management System® (LMS), a comprehensive property management solution that automates every aspect of a hotel's operations — from reservations and credit card processing to accounting and housekeeping. One of the hospitality and gaming industry's most powerful property management systems, LMS interfaces guest player accounts to the hotel booking engine, making it ideal for large-scale operations. The property will use the LMS ResNet module to enable online shoppers to book room reservations directly into the LMS property management system, and the LMS ShowGate® module to provide integrated attraction ticketing services with total venue management capability.
- Stratton Warren System (SWS), a full-featured inventory and procurement solution that maximizes purchasing power and reduces operational costs. Recognized as a leading inventory and procurement system in the hospitality industry, SWS automates the entire procurement process — from food and beverage to general property materials — and provides a fast and measurable return on investment by identifying the most suitable suppliers, reducing labor costs and waste and helping eliminate time-consuming and error-prone paper documents. Features of SWS version 8.2 include a new graphical user interface, handheld computer store and forward enhancements, electronic invoicing capabilities, budget tracking and improved security.
- InfoGenesis™ POS System, an award-winning point-of-sale software solution that combines powerful reporting and configuration capabilities in the back office with an easy-to-use touch-screen terminal application. Designed for multi-unit operations common in hospitality environments, the system can manage any combination of dining, bar, room service and gift shop operations. Features of the InfoGenesis POS solution include audit log and electronic journal, multi-language capability, packages and prix fixe menus, signature capture and advanced sorting, filtering and grouping options.
- Visual One Condo Accounting System, a made-for-hospitality solution designed to calculate the revenues and expenses between condominium owners and the management company. Owner information is readily available to LMS users and defaults from the Visual One Condo Accounting System when staff makes a reservation for a condominium owner. The solution also provides extensive reporting capabilities.
- DataMagine™ Document Management System, a patented solution that automatically captures, indexes and archives all business-critical documents and reports. The resort is using the DataMagine Signature Capture module to digitally capture guest signatures at check-in and upon completion of retail transactions. Signatures are stored for future online retrieval, enabling quick settlement of disputes and eliminating write-offs.
"Managing a hotel profitably is always a challenge, particularly in a competitive market like Las Vegas, and investing in the right technology is critical to success," said Tina Stehle, senior vice president and general manager of Agilysys Hospitality Solutions Group. "Our comprehensive solution suite will help The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas operate at peak efficiency and will ensure a superior guest experience from arrival through departure."
On Dec. 15, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas opens a new luxury resort overlooking the heart of the Strip, directly between CityCenter and Bellagio. The resort's uniquely vertical multi-tower design offers spectacular views of the vibrant city. The new 2,995-room property features oversized residential-style spaces with expansive one-of-a-kind private terraces. The Cosmopolitan's luxurious resort amenities include a 100,000-square-foot casino; unique and eclectic boutiques; Sahra Spa & Hammam; three pool experiences; a multi-level integrated nightclub; and 150,000 square feet of state-of-the-art convention and meeting space. Signature restaurants include: Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill by restaurateurs Bruce and Eric Bromberg; Comme Ca by Los Angeles chef David Myers; Estiatorio Milos by international restaurateur Costas Spiliadis; Holstein's from Block 16 Hospitality; Jaleo and China Poblano restaurants by chef Jose Andres; Scarpetta and D.O.C.G. by award-winning chef Scott Conant; and popular steakhouse STK from The One Group.
Agilysys is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions to corporate and public-sector customers, with special expertise in select markets, including retail and hospitality. The company uses technology — including hardware, software and services — to help customers resolve their most complicated IT needs. The company possesses expertise in enterprise architecture and high availability, infrastructure optimization, storage and resource management, identity management and business continuity; and provides industry-specific software, services and expertise to the retail and hospitality markets. Headquartered in Cleveland, Agilysys and its subsidiaries operate extensively throughout North America, with additional sales and support offices in the United Kingdom, Singapore and Hong Kong. For more information, visit www.agilysys.com.
Bill Gergely, Agilysys, 440-519-8188, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Agilysys, Inc.