CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM), the world's largest and most trusted cloud delivery platform, today previewed its planned activities for the 2017 NAB Show, emphasizing the Company's "Audience of You" mission to help deliver the best possible experience for every over-the-top (OTT) video viewer. Akamai will exhibit in booth SL3324 at the annual conference and exhibition, which takes place April 24th-27th at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Live demonstrations at Akamai's booth will feature:
- Device-level innovations such as Media Acceleration, which uses technology integrated directly into consumer OTT applications designed to enhance the performance of media delivered over the Akamai network and optimize the viewing experience for each individual end user.
- On-demand and new live workflow solutions, highlighted by the addition of liveOriginTM capabilities to Akamai's Media Services Live, purpose-built from the ground up specifically to support the rigors of 24/7 live/linear streaming and today's OTT viewer expectations through features such as accelerated ingest, low-latency and DVR functionality;
- Proactive monitoring and measurement capabilities through the Akamai Broadcast Operations Control Center (BOCC) and its Broadcast Operations Support System (BOSS) Media Analytics tools, providing operational insight and telemetry from origin to viewer for unprecedented control and transparency into video operations and performance;
- New, immersive viewing experiences including live and on-demand virtual and augmented reality and sub-second latency, and technology innovations to help deliver those experiences online.
Akamai subject matter experts are scheduled to speak across a range of educational conference tracks and topics during the 2017 NAB Show, including:
- Will Law, Chief Architect, Media, on Standards for Global OTT Video: The WAVE Project, Saturday, April 22, 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM, in room N260.
- Bill Wheaton, Executive Vice President and CSO on Perspectives on the Future of Media Technology, Sunday, April 23, 1:15 PM - 1:45 PM in LVCC room N249/N251.
- John Bishop, CTO, Media, on Sports 2.0: The New Rules of Fan Engagement, Monday, April 24, 3:00 PM - 3:35 PM in room N262/N264.
- Will Law, Chief Architect, Media, on What CMAF Means for the Future of OTT, Wednesday, April 26, 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM in room N256.
- Dave Lewis, Senior Security Advocate, on IoT Killed the Video Star, Wednesday, April 26, 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM, in room N260.
- Martin McKeay, Senior Security Advocate, on Inside IoT Attacks, Wednesday, April 26, 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM, in room N260.
To arrange a meeting with an Akamai media expert at the 2017 NAB Show and see first hand how the Company's media delivery solutions can help video service providers provide flawless viewing experiences on a global scale, please visit http://akamai.com/nab2017.
As the world's largest and most trusted cloud delivery platform, Akamai makes it easier for its customers to provide the best and most secure digital experiences on any device, anytime, anywhere. Akamai's massively distributed platform is unparalleled in scale with over 200,000 servers across 130 countries, giving customers superior performance and threat protection. Akamai's portfolio of web and mobile performance, cloud security, enterprise access, and video delivery solutions are supported by exceptional customer service and 24/7 monitoring. To learn why the top financial institutions, e-commerce leaders, media & entertainment providers, and government organizations trust Akamai please visit www.akamai.com, blogs.akamai.com, or @Akamai on Twitter.
SOURCE Akamai Technologies, Inc.