PLANO, Texas, March 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Akorbi has launched an aggressive growth strategy this year that includes new services, proprietary technology and specialized compliance expertise to help clients in highly regulated industries. Akorbi's clients in the healthcare, financial services and government sectors now can meet the most complex compliance requirements, while reducing costs and improving speed-to-market. The company's clients include organizations that place a premium on accuracy and legal compliance, such as the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of Education, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and several Fortune 500 companies in heavily regulated industries like health insurance and financial services.
In January, the company more than doubled its secure office space at its new Plano headquarters located at 5055 West Park Blvd., Suite 550, Plano, Texas 75093. And, its staff grew by almost 100 percent, making a wide range of new services possible:
- New, Specialized Staffing Division: With the growing demand for specialized staffing in the technology and healthcare industries, Akorbi has launched a new staffing division with a team of highly experienced, on-site recruiters. The group supports clients globally with staffing needs in the technology, translation and professional service arenas.
- New Technology, Research and Development Division: This division includes full-time network architects and professional developers who oversee AerialPM©, Akorbi's proprietary and patented translation management system. This system uses language databases to quickly translate complex compliance documents and reduce translation costs, increase speed-to-market and minimize project management costs. It also allows clients to maintain complete control over the translation process through a proprietary client interface. This division is also focused on clients' localization projects, such as web site translations and applications.
- New Compliance Division: Akorbi has established a new compliance division featuring an on-site compliance officer to support clients in highly regulated industries. This team assists with a wide range of legal issues, including HIPAA; Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service rules; healthcare reform mandates; quality management; fraud, waste and abuse.
"We're working hard to help our clients meet complex compliance requirements," said Claudia Mirza, chief executive officer of Akorbi. "As a result, we've expanded our services with divisions that can take a consultative approach while assisting with a wide range of technical, staffing and translation challenges. And, we've expanded and strengthened our physical and technology infrastructure, so clients can rest assured their data is compliant."
To further serve these regulated government and private industry clients, Akorbi made additional investments to ensure high levels of security and compliance. These include:
- A new U.S.-based and highly secure data center that is SAS70 compliant, which ensures client documents are safe from prying eyes thanks to 256-bit encryption. In addition, the data center features industry-specific compliance standards for HIPAA and PCI, so Akorbi's industry-leading health insurance clients can be assured they are compliant with all government, CMS and healthcare reform regulations.
- Virtual desktop computers with encrypted hard drives, eliminating the risk of data loss if a laptop or desktop computer were to be stolen.
- State-of-the-art business continuity and disaster recovery plans that ensure critical business data is preserved and available, while supporting services are accessible in a timely manner.
Akorbi offers business solutions in more than 170 languages. This includes a full range of language, localization and global marketing solutions including document translation services, multi-lingual desktop publishing, project management, content management, web site design, software testing and engineering, voiceover, interpretation, over-the-phone interpretation, and staffing.
Akorbi clients include both public and private sector organizations in a wide range of markets, including medical, insurance, technology and law. The company holds ISO 9001 Certification, 8(a) Certification and Women's Business Enterprise Certification. Akorbi is headquartered in Plano, with client-focused field offices throughout the United States, specifically in Washington, D.C., Houston and Los Angeles.
For more information, visit www.akorbi.com or call 1.877.4.AKORBI.
Note: Akorbi's new physical and mailing address is 5055 West Park Blvd., Suite 550, Plano, Texas 75093.