LONG BEACH, Calif., June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dads and Grads (and Moms too) can get behind the wheel of nearly 100 new vehicles in the first-ever auto show dedicated exclusively to test drives.
The SoCal Test Drive Expo is the evolution of auto shows, pairing a traditional auto show with the opportunity for guests to drive almost every car on the show floor. Taking place in and around the Long Beach Convention Center over Father's Day Weekend, June 15-17, the SoCal Test Drive Expo will feature new makes and models from more than a dozen manufacturers with a single $10 admission.
Among the show exclusives and premieres, Dodge is bringing its 2013 Dodge Dart for the first-ever consumer test drives, Scion will bring its just-released 2013 Scion FR-S, and Subaru will showcase the West Coast premiere of the 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek. Jeep will feature its Camp Jeep interactive adventure zone, where guests ride along with professional 4x4 drivers on an obstacle-filled, indoor track.
Media are invited before the show opens to experience advance test drives and meet with show organizers and manufacturer's representatives.
Long Beach Convention Center
300 East Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, 90802
Friday, June 15
10:00 a.m. – Noon – Exclusive media test drive opportunities
Noon – 8:00 p.m. – Show open to the public and media
Saturday, June 16
10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Show open to the public
Sunday, June 17
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Show open to the public
- Friday only: Automotive journalist Laura Burstein can provide consumer tips on car shopping and discuss automotive trends.
- The just-released 2013 Scion FR-S and not-yet-in-showrooms 2013 Dodge Dart available for test drives.
- The next generation of eco-friendly vehicles, including the Buick La Crosse E-Assist, Chevrolet Malibu Eco, Chevrolet Volt, Ford Focus Electric and Toyota Prius.
- Muscle cars including Chevrolet Camaro and Ford Mustang.
- Camp Jeep test track, an indoor, interactive adventure zone where professional 4x4 drivers ride along with guests.
- Appearances by the Los Angeles Laker Girls, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Strike Force, and Hooters Girls.
- Families treating dads to a Father's Day weekend of cars.
SOURCE SoCal Test Drive Expo