DUBLIN, Oct. 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) announced today the launch of a new JUVÉDERM® advertising campaign created to empower the next generation of consumers to "JUVÉDERM® IT." JUVÉDERM® IT marks the first new advertising campaign in three years for the world's #1 selling dermal filler collection1 and was designed to further Allergan's goal of making the JUVÉDERM® Collection of Fillers a first choice and household name for consumers.
"Healthcare providers already know that JUVÉDERM® is the #1 selling collection of dermal fillers,1 but consumers tend to think about 'fillers' as a general category. This bold, high-impact, new campaign will empower women to own their look and ask for JUVÉDERM® by name," says Carrie Strom, Senior Vice President, US Medical Aesthetics for Allergan. "The campaign is on television and in print, but it really comes alive online and on social media. We are already seeing healthcare providers posting about the campaign and encouraging their patients to JUVÉDERM® IT!"
The JUVÉDERM® Collection of Fillers offers a complete range of dermal fillers specifically designed for different patient needs, rather than taking a 'one size fits all' approach.2-6 The JUVÉDERM® IT campaign will re-energize the brand with a modernized logo and bright, poppy color scheme. The refreshed talent, imagery and edgy soundtrack will also grab the attention of millennials, Generation X and Baby Boomers and inspire them to curate their own looks with JUVÉDERM®.
"At Allergan, our goal is to educate and empower consumers to do what is right for them when it comes to aesthetic treatments," says Strom. "It's all about personal choices. Whether they want a subtle or dramatic look, whether they seek treatment now or five years from now, we're here to offer a range of solutions to help every patient achieve their aesthetic goals."
DDB New York developed the creative vision of the campaign, which was shot by Giovanni Messner of Brother Production Company. Print and broadcast media will run for the remainder of 2018 and into 2019 and will replace all existing creative.
Visit www.juvederm.com to learn more about the JUVÉDERM® Collection of Fillers or to find a doctor.
JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel Fillers Important Information
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC injectable gels are for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC injectable gel is for adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC injectable gel is for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral lines in adults over 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulation?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years, the safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in patients under 22 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in areas other than the cheek area, JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC for areas other than facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body's immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most commonly reported side effects with JUVÉDERM® injectable gels included injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, dryness was also reported. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, most side effects were moderate and lasted 2 to 4 weeks. For JUVÉDERM® XC, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 14 days or less. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and, while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with any JUVÉDERM® product, please call Allergan at 1-800-433-8871. Please visit Juvederm.com or talk to your doctor for more information.
Available by prescription only.
About Allergan plc
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN), headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, is a bold, global pharmaceutical leader. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories.
Allergan is an industry leader in Open Science, a model of research and development, which defines our approach to identifying and developing game-changing ideas and innovation for better patient care. With this approach, Allergan has built one of the broadest development pipelines in the pharmaceutical industry.
Allergan's success is powered by our global colleagues' commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what is right.
With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
For more information, visit Allergan's website at www.Allergan.com.
Statements contained in this press release that refer to future events or other non-historical facts are forward-looking statements that reflect Allergan's current perspective on existing trends and information as of the date of this release. Actual results may differ materially from Allergan's current expectations depending upon a number of factors affecting Allergan's business. These factors include, among others, the difficulty of predicting the timing or outcome of FDA approvals or actions, if any; the impact of competitive products and pricing; market acceptance of and continued demand for Allergan's products; the impact of uncertainty around timing of generic entry related to key products, including RESTASIS®, on our financial results; risks associated with divestitures, acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures; uncertainty associated with financial projections, projected cost reductions, projected debt reduction, projected synergies, restructurings, increased costs, and adverse tax consequences; difficulties or delays in manufacturing; and other risks and uncertainties detailed in Allergan's periodic public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to Allergan's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017 and Allergan's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ended June 30, 2018. Except as expressly required by law, Allergan disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
1. Data on File Allergan, Inc.; Proforma Sales JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, 2015.
2. JUVÉDERM® ULTRA XC Patient Labeling, 2016.
3. JUVÉDERM® ULTRA PLUS XC Patient Labeling, 2016.
4. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC Patient Labeling, 2016.
5. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Patient Labeling, 2016.
6. JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC Patient Labeling, 2017.
© 2018 Allergan. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Allergan plc