MCLEAN, Va., Aug. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Alternative investing platforms now use VIA Folio's fully integrated, online offering and brokerage platform to improve investor engagement and access to alternative assets, such as Reg A+ IPOs, Reg D private debt and equity and unlisted REITs.
"Operators of non-exchange-traded debt and equity offering platforms have two challenges: creating a robust, scalable marketplace and building long-term client relationships," said Blaine McLaughlin, chief operating officer of VIA Folio. "VIA Folio's all-in-one, online and API-driven offering process, custody and brokerage services solve this. We make it possible for these platforms, and investment bankers considering starting platforms, to list their offerings. We also provide individual investors, RIAs, brokers, funds and family offices with a trusted and familiar way to invest in, and hold such offerings."
The benefits that alternative investing platforms gain from working with VIA Folio include:
- Get to market quickly with Folio's automated and scalable online brokerage platform;
- Create a co-branded or private-label investing website or post offerings on Folio's client-facing website;
- Provide online investor access, including flexible account funding and withdrawal options and transaction history;
- Seamless security transfers and trading leveraging the brokerage account structure;
- Maintain one location for shareholder records, eliminating the costs and inconvenience of paper certificates and transfer agent accounts; and
- The added benefit of SIPC and FDIC insurance coverage on securities and deposits through Folio's cash sweep program.
(Compare VIA Folio's online service features with those of multi-firm services providers and the traditional check and application process.)
The alternative investing platforms working with VIA Folio include:
- ALTZ Investment Strategies – enables access to alternative equity and debt investments, with offerings for Reg D-accredited investors that include real estate, renewable energy, private equity, Reg A+ IPOs and liquid alternative investment opportunities.
- BANQ® – an electronic investment banking platform for small cap IPOs, public offerings and Reg A+ offerings and placements. It gives advisors exposure to rapidly growing sectors and new technologies, and provides investors with liquidity through dividends or the public markets.
- Boustead Securities, LLC – an investment banking firm that executes and advises on IPOs, mergers and acquisitions, capital raises and restructuring assignments in a wide array of industries, geographies and transactions, for a broad client base.
- Cambria Capital – a technology-driven investment bank that uses its institutional investor relationships, and high-net-worth and retail investor accounts, to raise capital for growth-stage companies throughReg A+ and other types of public and private offerings.
"We are currently processing several offers, such as the Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment Reg A+ IPO and several Reg A+ and Reg D real estate securities. We also recently processed the closing for the Myomo Reg A+ IPO," McLaughlin said. "We are pleased to offer services not available elsewhere, such as brokerage accounts that enable trading in unlisted, soon-to-be-listed and listed securities."
Visit www.viafolio.com to learn more and request a demo of the Folio brokerage platform.
About VIA Folio
VIA Folio powers the offering process, subscription, closing, custody, and distribution of alternative assets such as private debt and equity, REITs, Reg A+ IPOs and hedge funds. We make it possible for advisors and investors to create more diversified portfolios by holding multiple alternative and publicly traded securities in a single taxable or tax-deferred brokerage account. www.viafolio.com
This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as a recommendation of or an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy, any financial product. Financial products listed on our sites are only available to residents in the states where those products are registered, or exempt from registration. Many securities offered through subscription are not publicly traded and are intended for investors who do not have a need for a liquid investment. Additionally, investors may receive restricted securities that may be subject to holding period requirements. Companies seeking unregistered investments are often in earlier stages of development and have not yet been fully tested in the public marketplace. Investing in unregistered and IPO securities requires high risk tolerance, low liquidity requirements and long-term commitment. Investors must be able to afford to lose their entire investment.
©2017 FOLIOfn, Inc. All rights reserved. Securities products and brokerage and clearing services are offered by Folio Investments, Inc., a registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/SIPC.
SOURCE VIA Folio