CLEVELAND, Dec. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The romance enhancers at Ambiance Inc. (http://ambiance.com) know that a successful brand is built on understanding what customers like. With that in mind, the company has reflected on the year that was, singling out the following as the most popular products of 2013:
- The We-Vibe 3: perfect for both couples and individuals, this device claimed the top spot in the high-end romantic technology category. The recently released We-Vibe 4 figures to make similar waves in 2014. We-Vibe products exemplify the high degree of sophistication that romantic technology has achieved in just a few years.
- Rabbit Vibrators: these burst onto the scene thanks to "Sex and the City," and they continue to be immensely popular. The latest models are fully programmable for plug-and-play enjoyment.
- G-spot Vibes: the distinctive shape of these devices allows for precision targeting of sensitive areas.
- Electric Massagers: pulse settings and adjustable vibration frequencies let users choose how relaxing or stimulating their massage will be—either way, these devices bring real power to the table.
- Corsets: never out of fashion, these elegant, form-fitting intimates were among several lingerie categories that saw double-digit sales increases in 2013.
- Garter Dress/Slip: a new style this year, the Garter Dress (a long Chemise with a tight body hugging fit and attached garters for stockings) has become an overnight hit, thanks to its ability to make anybody (and any body) look fantastic.
- Body Stockings: seamless styles are among the creative designs seen in today's body stockings. Like corsets, these timeless favorites are benefitting from new technology.
- Teddies: the classic one-piece is experiencing a renaissance thanks to new manufacturing techniques and innovative styling.
- Open Lingerie: open panties, teddies and bras leave little to the imagination, which for many couples is a great way to turbocharge the seduction.
Other Popular Categories
- Restraints: call it the "50 Shades" effect; kinky accessories have flown off the shelves, from under-the-bed restraint systems to more low-key silk tie kits, perfect for those just starting to explore this kind of erotic play.
- Men's Wear: Forget boxers and tighty whiteys—men want to feel sexy just like their partners, and Ambiance's line of seductive and revealing men's intimates can make it happen.
- Incense and scented candles: these perennial, low-tech favorites remain one of the best ways to create a romantic mood in minutes.
"Our motto is 'Monogamy shouldn't be monotonous,'" explains Jennifer Downey, president of Ambiance. "We believe a healthy love life is important for adults of all ages and walks of life. The New Year is an opportunity to reflect on customer feedback and move forward with products and categories that appeal strongly to all of our retail and online shoppers."
Founded more than 30 years ago, the goal of Ambiance has always been to help women and couples ignite the spark of romance in their intimate relationships. As a woman-owned business, Ambiance embodies classiness and a positive customer experience, both in its retail stores and the online www.StoreforLovers.com.
Ambiance, the Store for Lovers has been a staple in Northeast Ohio for 30 years, and is the number one destination for women and couples looking to enhance the passion in their relationships. An upscale lingerie store and a romantic gift boutique, Ambiance provides a fun retail shopping experience aided by a sensitive, caring and well-trained staff of Certified Romance Consultants. Based in Cleveland, Ambiance operates seven retail stores in Northeast Ohio and an eCommerce site at StoreforLovers.com. For more information, visit Ambiance.com.
Read more news from Ambiance.