DURHAM, N.C., Jan. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Sports in Durham are about to get a whole new flavor. Tobacco Road is headed to a perch above Durham Bulls Athletic Park at American Tobacco Campus. Located next to the park's giant iconic bull, the sports cafe in the Diamond View II building will feature a "from scratch" kitchen and a sweeping deck overlooking the field, Camden Yards-style. Opening day for Tobacco Road is slated for early April.
"Tobacco Road and American Tobacco are a natural fit," says Michael Goodmon, vice president of real estate for Capitol Broadcasting Company, which owns ATC. "This is another big play toward making the campus not only Durham's entertainment district, but the entire Research Triangle Park region."
Adds Brian Amra, one of three brothers who founded Tobacco Road (www.tobaccoroadsportscafe.com): "We want to give the sports fan a better experience than the usual sports bar. And it doesn't get any better than sharing a home with a national championship team like the Bulls."
In the spirit of any good sports announcement, here are Tobacco Road's key stats:
- The sports cafe will measure 8,800 square feet.
- The 5,200 sq ft deck will be heated and cooled.
- Mock stadium seating with tables, chairs and benches guarantee a good seat for everyone.
- A wall of windows will open, connecting the stainless steel bar to the deck and practically making the entire cafe part of the outdoor experience.
- Tobacco Road operates a fresh, "from scratch" kitchen. "The only thing we freeze," says Amra, "is ice cream."
- The ATC location is a pivotal part of Tobacco Road's plan to put a sports cafe in every tobacco road city.
Located amid a beautifully re-imagined former factory space, ATC (www.americantobaccocampus.com) continues to assemble a winning team. Tobacco Road joins the district's other bustling eateries. It will also rub shoulders with Diamond View II's tenants -- Compuware Corporation, Hatteras Venture Partners, KeySource Commercial Bank, The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin, Scientific Properties, Smith Breeden Associates and Verity Asset Management. Other nearby ATC neighbors include GlaxoSmithKline, Burt's Bees and Duke University.
ATC and its tenants also border the bustling new Durham Performing Arts Center. With so much activity, ATC ranks among America's most vibrant live-work-play downtown hubs.
For more information, contact Greg Behr at 919.272.5621.
SOURCE American Tobacco Campus