SARASOTA, Fla., March 30, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Through leaves of absence and early retirements, many teachers in Sarasota County, Florida left the school system last year. "As one of these teachers, I was troubled by the wealth of knowledge that had just exited our school system," said Desirée Schell, Founder of ScholarWorx and former English teacher at Sarasota's Pine View School for the Gifted. "While teachers left for safety reasons, we still wanted to assist our educational community during such a critical time. Fueled by the global pandemic upending students, families and teachers' lives, ScholarWorx was born."
The mission of ScholarWorx Virtual Campus is to bridge the growing gap of educational accessibility. We provide teachers, camps, schools, and other community partners a ground-breaking, safe virtual campus to bring programs to students in Sarasota and beyond. ScholarWorx Campus provides interactive curricula, minimizing feelings of isolation and Zoom exhaustion, while keeping kids on pace with their academics. "Beyond being a virtual learning center, ScholarWorx Campus affords students the joy of learning coupled with meaningful social interactions, which is so crucial to continued development while their normal routines seem to be in constant flux," said Schell.
"In just weeks, we have onboarded a dozen exceptional teachers and exciting community partners to our campus. We have seen firsthand how ScholarWorx Virtual Campus resonates with our local community. We fill an acute need for teachers, parents, and students by bringing another option for the delivery of instruction – virtually. We strive to be the premier virtual educational resource center by keeping the joy of meaningful learning for our students, as our North Star."
Specializing in Virtual Learning for all types of learners, ScholarWorx Campus offers:
- SATWorx: Beginning April 2021, ScholarWorx will offer virtual SAT/ACT preparation courses for the college-bound student, designed, and administered by locally acclaimed teachers. Courses will align to provide 8 sessions of instruction before administrations of the SAT, ACT, and the fall administration of the PSAT.
- One-on-One Tutoring to close learning gaps. Teachers—from art to zoology—are welcome to participate in our one-month FREE sandbox offer! Bring your students, be an avatar teacher, and move into the students' world.
- Learning Pods of 6-12 students with similar learning needs attend lessons in a virtual setting. Immersive technology, starring you as a 3D avatar, improves retention and increases the "fun factor" for learning.
- Curriculum Clubs are where kids bring what they know and apply it in fun and engaging ways. The virtual setting provides endless possibilities for "hands-on" study. Don't see a club you want? Ask us! We are always looking for ideas.
- Virtual Scholars: Our secure, private world of classrooms, meeting spaces, and live web boards are available to student and teacher avatars. Walk your avatar to the beach for a boat race with a friend or march to the Learning Pod you are signed up for. When done, how about a partnered game of the Invisible Path for life skills?
Founded amidst the Covid-19 pandemic in November 2020, ScholarWorx is a female-owned virtual educational services company that supports learning and camaraderie through small group classes, targeted tutoring, cross-curricular clubs, and educational travel—in the Sarasota area and beyond.