RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Amil Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBovespa: AMIL3; Bloomberg: AMIL3 BZ; Reuters: AMIL3.SA), the largest healthcare operator in Brazil, announces today its consolidated results for June 30, 2011, in accordance with Brazilian corporate law and the ANS account chart. Since 2010, Amilpar's consolidated financial statements have included the new accounting rules aligning Brazilian corporate law with international financial reporting standards (IFRS). As a result, the figures of previous periods may present variations in relation to the previously published.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE QUARTER
- Total MEMBERSHIP stood at 5,620.3 thousand at the end of June 2011, 10.6% up on 2Q10 and 2.1% higher than in 1Q11.
- ADJUSTED OPERATING REVENUES totaled R$ 2,239.7 million in 2Q11, 16.8% up year-on-year and 4.1% more than the previous quarter. In 1H11 operating revenues amounted to R$ 4,392.2 million, 16.4% up on 1H10.
- The 2Q11 MEDICAL LOSS RATIO came to 73.4%, 0.9 p.p. down on 2Q10, while the year-to-date ratio stood at 70.7%, 1.9 p.p. lower than 1H10.
- Adjusted EBITDA was R$ 167.5 million (with a margin of 7.5%) in 2Q11, 24.4% higher than in 2Q10, and accumulated R$ 394.6 million (with a margin of 9.0%) in 1H11, 28.7% up on the first six months of 2010.
- Adjusted NET INCOME totaled R$ 50.7 million in 2Q11, 13.9% up year-on-year, and R$ 144.3 million in the first half, a 15.4% improvement over 1H10.
To access the Earnings Release full version visit our website at www.amilpar.com.br/ir
NEXT EVENTS: CONFERENCE CALLS
08.10.2011 | 10:00 AM NY (11:00 AM Brasilia)
Phone: +1 (412) 317-6776 | Code: Amilpar
08.10.2011 | 1:00 PM NY (2:00 PM Brasilia)
Phone: +55 (11) 2188-0155 | Code: Amilpar
Amil Participacoes S.A. is the largest managed care organization in Brazil, according to the ANS, currently assisting over 5.6 million members in the states of Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Parana, Minas Gerais, Pernambuco, Bahia, Rio Grande do Norte and the Distrito Federal.
SOURCE Amil Participacoes S.A.