WARREN, N.J., Sept. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company is shipping production volumes of its ALT6181 multimode multiband power amplifier (MMPA) to Samsung Electronics for the new Galaxy S Relay 4G. This smartphone provides a 4-inch super AMOLED display, 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, and Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. In addition to a touchscreen display, the Galaxy S Relay 4G features a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
ANADIGICS' MMPAs leverage the Company's exclusive InGaP-Plus™ technology and patented design architectures to provide a high-performance single package solution for quad-band GSM/EDGE and dual-band WCDMA/LTE applications. With an industry-leading combination of integration and efficiency, ANADIGICS' MMPAs help to extend battery-life in applications where minimizing printed circuit board (PCB) space is highly desired, such as handsets, smartphones, tablets, netbooks, and notebooks.
"The selection of our multimode multiband power amplifier for several upcoming smartphones, including the new Galaxy S Relay 4G, exemplifies the integration and performance advantages offered by this solution," said Michael Canonico, senior vice president of worldwide sales at ANADIGICS. "By leveraging our innovative technologies, design techniques, and intellectual property, we are able to help manufacturers reduce RF PCB space requirements and extend battery-life in sleek, power-hungry mobile devices. We look forward to continuing our strong relationship with Samsung Electronics, as we jointly work together to raise the bar in mobile connectivity performance."
ANADIGICS' compact 5 mm by 7.5 mm ALT6181 MMPA features an integrated voltage regulator, separate single-ended RF chains, and high directivity couplers. WCDMA/LTE linearity specifications for bands 1, 5, 6, 18, 19, and 26 have been enhanced, while ensuring that critical harmonic, noise and intermodulation performance results in superior mobile device performance. Similar to the new ProEficient™ family of products, the ALT6181 MMPA provides optimal WCDMA/LTE efficiency across all power levels, without the use of a DC-DC converter. This MMPA delivers high GSM/EDGE efficiency at all power levels.
ANADIGICS MMPA Key Facts and Highlights:
- Outstanding WCDMA/LTE Performance
- >40% efficiency in high power mode combined with >20% efficiency in low power mode
- Best-in-class linearity at maximum output power
- Exceptionally low quiescent current of 4 mA
- Exceptional GSM/EDGE Performance
- High GSM/EDGE efficiency at all power levels
- EDGE mode is optimized for the best combination of linearity and efficiency
- Meets stringent modulation mask requirements under all conditions
- Industry-Leading Integration
- Quad-band GSM/EDGE and dual-band WCDMA/LTE in a single package
- Compact, low profile 5 mm by 7.5 mm x 0.9 mm package
- Internal voltage regulation
- Integrated RF couplers
For more information on ANADIGICS products and multimedia content, please refer to the following resources:
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics
About ANADIGICS, Inc. ANADIGICS, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANAD) delivers integrated radio frequency (RF) solutions that OEMs and ODMs demand to optimize the performance of wireless, broadband and cable applications across all major networks and standards. ANADIGICS features a diverse portfolio of highly linear, highly efficient RFICs. Headquartered in Warren, NJ, the company's award-winning products include power amplifiers, tuner integrated circuits, active splitters, line amplifiers and other components that can be purchased individually or packaged as integrated RF and front-end modules. For more information, visit www.anadigics.com.
SOURCE ANADIGICS, Inc.