WARREN, N.J., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company is shipping production volumes of its AWT6651 ProEficient™ power amplifier (PA) to Samsung Electronics for the Galaxy Music Duos and Chat. The Galaxy Music Duos S6012 features a 3-inch touch screen, 850 MHz processor, and 4 GB of storage. The Galaxy Chat B5330 offers a QWERTY keyboard, 3-inch touch screen, and 850 MHz processor. Both phones include Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.
"ANADIGICS' ProEficient and ProEficient-Plus™ power amplifiers provide the industry's best combination of efficiency, current consumption, and linearity to help extend battery-life and maintain stable, high throughput 4G connectivity," said Michael Canonico, senior vice president of Worldwide Sales at ANADIGICS. "The selection of the AWT6651 for the Galaxy Music Duos and Chat not only exemplifies the tremendous real-world performance advantages offered by our ProEficient solutions, but also the strength of the relationship that we have forged with Samsung Electronics. We look forward to continued close collaboration with Samsung in the design of next-generation mobile devices that further the user experience."
ANADIGICS' ProEficient power amplifiers use the Company's exclusive InGaP-Plus™ technology to achieve outstanding efficiency at high and low power modes to extend 3G and 4G battery-life without the use of a DC-DC converter. These power amplifiers are also optimized for use with average power tracking (APT) to further increase efficiency and reduce current consumption at medium and low operating powers. In addition to outstanding efficiency, ProEficient power amplifiers deliver exceptional linearity to ensure a stable connection for clear voice and high-speed data.
ANADIGICS ProEficient Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- Exceptional efficiency in both low and high power modes, and very low quiescent current to extend battery-life
- Compact 3 mm x 3 mm package with internal voltage regulation and integrated DC blocks on the RF ports to reduce PCB space requirements
- Best-in-class linearity to maintain stable, high-throughput 3G / 4G connections
- RF matching optimized for output power, efficiency, and linearity in a 50-Ohm system
For more information on ANADIGICS products and multimedia content, please refer to the following resources:
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics
About ANADIGICS, Inc.
ANADIGICS, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANAD) delivers integrated radio frequency (RF) solutions that OEMs and ODMs demand to optimize the performance of wireless, broadband and cable applications across all major networks and standards. ANADIGICS features a diverse portfolio of highly linear, highly efficient RFICs. Headquartered in Warren, NJ, the company's award-winning products include power amplifiers, tuner integrated circuits, active splitters, line amplifiers and other components that can be purchased individually or packaged as integrated RF and front-end modules. For more information, visit www.anadigics.com.
SOURCE ANADIGICS, Inc.