NEW YORK, May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Department of Defense Mandate and the Standardization of Technology will Drive Growth
This study analyzes the current and future trends in global Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) in the aerospace and defense market. RFID solutions are projected to be used across various aerospace and defense applications. This study focuses on the trends, challenges, and factors that drive market growth. Also included are products, vertical and regional market analyses, and a competitive analysis. As this is an emerging application, suppliers' initiatives are discussed, and a list of key market participants and their respective market rankings are included. This research service provides the necessary business intelligence to accelerate growth in a fast-paced market.
• Total radio frequency identification (RFID) in the aerospace and defense (A&D) market had an estimated revenue of $Xmillion in 2012.
• In 2012, RFID in aerospace recorded a revenue of $X million, and RFID in defense led with the highest revenue of $X million.
• Tags contributed $X million in revenue, which is X% of the total RFID in the A&D market worldwide.
• Hardware contributed $Xmillion or X% of total revenue.
• Software and services contributed an estimated revenue of $Xmillion, which is X% of the total RFID in the A&D market.
• Total RFID in the A&D market worldwide should see a growth of X% between 2012 and 2017, and total market revenue is expected to be $X million at the end of the forecast period.
1. European and American markets are likely to dominate and drive the market.
2. Significant growth potential exists in developing economies such as Brazil, Russia, India, and China (BRIC).
3. Government push to adopt RFID in the defense sector worldwide will drive growth.
4. The aerospace sector will see higher growth in manufacturing, flyable parts, and baggage handling applications.
5. Technological innovations in terms of better tag performance and high tag memory at a lower cost will be in greater demand.
• The scope of this study includes market forecasts developed for the A&D vertical markets.
- Aerospace: all commercial aerospace applications such as manufacturing, airlines, airports, and airport and airline hubs.
- Defense: military forces such as Navy, Air Force, Army, and Marine Corp. While military and government hospitals such as the United States Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) use RFID, they are not included in the scope of this study.
• Product segments include RFID tags, hardware, and software and services.
- Tags include passive RFID tags, active RFID tags, sensor-based RFID tags, and real-time location systems (RTLS) tags.
- Hardware includes fixed and handheld readers, computer readers, printers, portals, and gates.
- Software and services include middleware, operating systems, intelligent layers, software platforms, system integration, post-deployment maintenance, and training.
• The scope of this study includes market size, growth rates, and revenue forecasts for the total RFID in the A&D market, including product types, vertical markets, and specified geographic regions.
• The market size and forecast include all types of RFID technologies such as passive RFID, active RFID, RTLS, and sensor-based RFID.
• The base year for this study is 2012. Revenue and revenue growth rates are provided for 2009 to 2017.
• Reporting covers key market forces such as drivers and restraints to evaluate their influences on market growth.
• The study also includes the competitive structure of the market and key industry participants.
• All prices quoted in the study are in US dollars unless otherwise specified.
- North America includes the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Greenland.
- Europe does not include Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
- Rest of World includes Russia and CIS, Central America, South America, the Middle East, and Africa.
- United States
- Western Europe includes Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- Rest of World includes Canada, Greenland, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, Russia, the rest of Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• What are the key trends in the market?
• What are the key drivers and restraints affecting RFID in the A&D market?
• How is the market structured, and how will the market grow in the short and long term?
• What are the technologies and products available, and who are some of the key competitors?
• Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
• Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table Of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total RFID in A&D Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Ranking and Competitive Analysis
4. RFID in Aerospace Segment Breakdown
5. North America RFID in Aerospace Segment Breakdown
6. Europe RFID in Aerospace Segment Breakdown
7. Asia-Pacific RFID in Aerospace Segment Breakdown
8. Rest of World RFID in Aerospace Segment Breakdown
9. RFID in Defense Segment Breakdown
10. United States RFID in Defense Segment Breakdown
11. Western Europe RFID in Defense Segment Breakdown
12. Rest of World RFID in Defense Segment Breakdown
13. The Last Word
To order this report:
Contact Clare: [email protected]
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001