Analysis of the Brazilian Animal Feed Additives Market
Jun 11, 2013, 11:29 ET
NEW YORK, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the Brazilian Animal Feed Additives Market
Market Challenges and End-user Industry Opportunities
This research service provides an analysis of the animal feed additives market in Brazil, covering enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, mycotoxin adsorbents, prebiotics and probiotics. The base year of the study is 2012, and the forecast period is 2013 to 2018. The animal feed additives market is expected to grow due to increasing prices of basic raw material and increasing concern regarding animal nutrition. Feed additives are mostly imported from Asia, Europe, and the United States, and the main market competitors are Basf, DSM, Ajinomoto, Adisseo, Evonik and Sumitomo.
• This research service provides an analysis of the animal feed additives market in Brazil, detailing the enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, mycotoxin adsorbents, and prebiotics and probiotics segments. The base year of the study is 2012, and the forecast period is 2013 to 2018.
• Feed additives are chemical ingredients added to animal feed to improve quality as well as improve animal health and performance.
• The feed additives market is part of the animal feed industry, which is a subset of the livestock industry. The livestock industry is part of the agricultural sector.
• Feed additives are mostly imported from Asia, Europe, and the United States. Distributors or traders sell products from local and foreign manufacturers, primarily from China and other Asian countries.
• The market for animal feed additives in Brazil is growing, and it is primarily driven by livestock and feed markets.
• The market is moving toward a stable growth stage for the vitamins and amino acids segments, while enzymes, mycotoxin adsorbents, and prebiotics and probiotics are the growth segments.
1. Exceeding internal and external competition through pricing and competitive strategies is very important.c
2. Customer bargaining power is increasing. Consumers can choose ingredients from different suppliers, especially in the vitamins and amino acids segments.
3. Vertical integration, forward and backward, is necessary to optimize the supply chain and earn higher margins or sideward integration to increase the product line.
4. Investment in the development of new ingredients has significantly added value to products and market recognition.
5. Customer service and technical assistance are important factors to win share and recognition in the market.
• Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR): CAGR is the general projected growth rate of the industry from the base year to the end of the forecast period.
• Feed Additives: Products are added into animal feed to improve the quality and to enhance animal performance and health.
• Vitamins: Nutrients are required to keep an organism healthy. Vitamins are essential in feed because an animal´s organism cannot synthesize the necessary amount of vitamins to ensure health and performance.
• Amino Acids: Amino acids play a vital role in animal nutrition, helping in protein synthesis and aiding organic growth. In addition, amino acids promote muscle growth and improve feed efficiency.
• Enzymes: Enzymes are natural products that improve the digestibility of ingredients in animal feed, resulting in better feed-conversion rates.
• Mycotoxin Adsorbents: Adsorbents prevent diseases in animals caused by mycotoxins, which are substances naturally produced by molds and fungi that can contaminate animal feed. The adsorbents bind to mycotoxin, preventing animals from absorbing it as well as limiting adverse health effects.
• Prebiotics and Probiotics
- Prebiotics are natural fiber ingredients that keep the animal healthy by stimulating growth and keeping bacteria that promotes beneficial actions to the animal.
- Probiotics are living bacteria that keeps the animal's colon healthy by protecting it from harmful bacteria and providing overall health benefits.
This research service focuses on the following market segments in the animal feed additives market:
- Others such as proteases
• Amino acids
- L-Lysine 98%
- DL-Methionine 99%
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E 50%
- Vitamin B12 0.1%
- Nicotinic Acid
- Pantothenic Acid
- Choline Chloride
- Mycotoxin adsorbents
- Prebiotics and probiotics.
This research service focuses on the animal feed additives market in Brazil.
The major end-user industry for animal feed and additives is agriculture. The principal sectors include poultry, swine, and cattle. This scope is not defined in detail in this research.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• What market segments are likely to present higher growth in Brazil?
• Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist, or will they be acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
• Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table Of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Animal Feed Additives Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
5. Enzymes Segment Breakdown
6. Amino Acids Segment Breakdown
7. Vitamins Segment Breakdown
8. Others Segment Breakdown
9. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
To order this report:
Livestock Industry: Analysis of the Brazilian Animal Feed Additives Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
Share this article