NEW YORK, Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Analysis of the Global Academic Learning Management Systems Market: Moving Away from Point Solutions to an Integrative 360 Degree Educational Experience
Academic learning management systems (LMS) crossed $ million in revenue in 2015. The academic LMS market is characterized by seismic shifts in technological demands and innovation, a solid movement to the cloud, rapid adoption of new learning pedagogies, and a user-centric product development strategy.
- Academic LMS serves as an excellent means to deliver multimedia and interactive course content to today's generation of digitally connected students. The need for this shift in learning/teaching methodologies is the result of change in expectations of today's students and their parents regarding educational institutions.
- The academic LMS market can be divided into two key segments—K-12 and higher education. The higher education segment includes the continued learning market. The higher education segment contributed 68% of the total academic LMS revenue in 2015, whereas K-12 contributed % of total revenue.
- Across both segments, LMS analytics are helping institutions become more accountable by providing tools to measure learning and institutional outcomes. This allows institutions to take more informed decisions and improve outcomes for all parties involved including students, instructors, parents, and institutions.
From a regional perspective, North America and Latin America (NALA) contributed % of Academic LMS revenue in 2015, followed by % from Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), and % from Asia-Pacific (APAC). Overall, the market is expected to experience a CAGR of % (2015–2022). Most of this growth will come from increased investment in higher education in the Middle East and from emerging economies in Asia. While there are small pockets of excellence in Latin America, overall revenue contribution from Latin America has slowed down due to currency fluctuations, particularly in Brazil.
- Major trends in the academic LMS market include a strong shift towards cloud-based deployments, growing mobile interactions with LMS, exploration of new learning pedagogies such as competency based education and predictive learning, growth of regional content in LMS, and integrating data across educational technology solutions to measure and improve learning outcomes.
- In an extremely competitive and fragmented market, vendors are struggling to find a balance between feature heaviness, ease of use, and speed of deployment. Customers value quality and maintenance that include demanding a seamless experience across devices, ease of use, a rewarding user experience, and an attentive customer support.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What regional trends exist in LMS market, and what do they mean for global growth strategies for vendors?
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
- What are the critical success factors? Who is further along the curve in addressing these issues?
- What are the major drivers and restraints in the LMS market? What do vendors need to know to stay ahead of the curve?
- What are the major trends and how will they impact the LMS market?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03603137-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001