Analysis of the Global Biosensors Market
Jun 24, 2015, 06:03 ET
NEW YORK, June 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Biosensors Monitoring Stimulates Prevention and Control
This study provides a perspective on the global biosensors market. It specifically focuses on both end-user markets and applications. Specifically, the most significant trends, drivers, and restraints that impact each is discussed. The research service focuses on existing and future end-user markets. This research service also provides a detailed snapshot of the market's competitive landscape and presents a forecast of revenue growth. Special focus is given to trends related to vertical markets, applications, distribution, technology, and and value chain. As this is a highly technical sensor, detailed discussion on various technological aspects has been included in this deliverable.
- Biosensors are based on both optical and non-optical technology platforms. Most recently, impedance technology has been further explored to base a number of new biosensor devices.
- Sensor vendors, pharmaceutical manufacturers, biotechnology companies, research institutions, and research funding organizations such as SBIR, academic institutions, and university laboratories are investing in research for innovation and development of new biosensors.
- Market attractiveness for biosensors is high—it exhibits continually increasing growth in annual revenue, applications, penetration into new markets, and development of new biosensor devices.
- Biosensors are gradually moving to the prognosis space for use as a component of preventive health. This is possible only through innovation and intensive research.
- Miniaturization has been possible with the development of nanobiosensors, which can detect bacteria at a concentration as low as cell per ml of water.
- Diabetes/glucose detection biosensors controlled the largest market share—over % in 2014.
- Biosensors are gradually penetrating into new end-user vertical markets, such as automotive and mobile platforms.
- Among the vertical markets that are expected to exhibit large growth during the forecast period and increase their revenue market share are environmental, biodefense, home diagnostics, automotive, and mobile platforms.
- In 2014, the global biosensors market generated $ million in revenue; it is likely to increase to $ million in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of
% from 2014 to 2021.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03008826-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Share this article