LONDON, Dec. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Analysis of the Global Digital Rights Management Market : Volumes Soar but Revenue Shrinks while Value Proposition Shifts from Pure Anti-Piracy to Analytics and Monetization
This market engineering study provides revenue forecasts and market share estimates for the global digital rights management (DRM) market, in terms of both realized revenue and actual valuation. This refers to full-fledged DRM solutions intended to provide persistent, user-specific, title-specific protection for audio and/or video content in business-to-consumer (B2C) use cases. Drivers and restraints, as well as technical and competitive trends, are discussed in depth. The analysis provides detailed numerical forecasts, with emphasis on the competitive implications of ongoing disruption and future market needs. The base year used for analysis is 2014 and forecasts span 2015 to 2020.
This study analyzes the content digital rights management (DRM) market. This refers to full-fledged DRM solutions intended to provide persistent, user-specific, title-specific protection for audio and/or video content in business-to-consumer (B2C) use cases.
- DRM is the cornerstone of the digital content economy. Even as over-the-top (OTT) video consumption soars in volume and revenue, the risks of piracy and copyright violation remain pervasive, and the DRM layer ensures that content remains protected and is used in accordance with applicable policy and business rules.
- While ad-monetized live video still heavily uses AES-128 bit encryption rather than fullfledged DRM systems, there is growing use of formal DRM as movie release windows are shortened, device resolutions increase, bandwidths broaden, and resolutions rise past HD towards 4K. DRM is also becoming the gateway to gathering usage data to fuel analytics, which in turn enables targeted advertising and personalized content recommendations— both of which are crucial competitive differentiators today.
- The competitive landscape for DRM has stabilized somewhat with Adobe, Google, Microsoft, and Verimatrix leading the market. However, growing emphasis on analytics is leading vendors like Ericsson to re-enter the market in earnest.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they get acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
- What are the current pricing trends in the market, and how are competitors continuing to provide value-priced products?
- What technical trends are shaping the marketplace today? What trends are on the horizon, and what does this mean for future product strategy?
- How are digital content businesses changing, and what does this mean for global growth strategies for vendors?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3443680/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers