LONDON, Dec. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Enhanced Customer Engagement and Interaction Drive Market Growth Across Verticals
This research service covers the global market for digital signage systems. Detailed global market trend analysis—including market drivers, market restraints, technology trends, vertical analysis, and pricing analysis—are provided in this research. Detailed unit shipment and revenue forecast is provided for: the total market, digital signage displays market, digital signage media players market, digital signage software market. The global market has been segmented as North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Competitive landscape, in terms of major participants and market share analysis, is provided.
- A key objective for marketers in the current in-store environment is creating relationships with consumers by delivering an enhanced brand experience and not just products on a shelf. This has led to significant interest in digital signage as an effective advertising medium. In terms of value propositions, digital signs can both increase sales and save costs due to superior shopper engagement, compared to traditional, in-store communications.
- When properly executed, in-store digital signage can reinforce purchase behavior or create an impulse to make incremental purchases. The content can be highly targeted, the merchandise is close to the message, and the call to action can be clearly communicated to accomplish the desired objectives.
- The digital signage ecosystem is quite complex—it includes display and software vendors, media player manufacturers, ad agencies, and audio-visual (AV) integrators; and all play vital roles in the development of the medium.
- From the customer perspective, the element of interactivity (via touchscreens or mobile devices) positions digital signage as a pull, rather than a push medium, and is forcing media buyers to look at it as more than a simple screen-based network that runs advertisement spots in loops.
- The industry is maturing due to growing awareness about the importance of a content strategy at the very outset, and an emphasis on the creation of best practices that are content tailored to exploit the specific capabilities of the digital signage medium.
- The development of tools to determine the audience response/reaction to ad messages, in terms of length of impression or purchasing decisions, while also establishing common standards, has been identified as crucial to the success of the industry.
- In recent years, the costs of deploying a digital signage network (especially the display and software components) are decreasing at a rate that makes it attractive and feasible for a broader segment of the market to consider incorporating it into their media budgets.
- Challenges include but are not limited to: lack of critical mass, economic uncertainty in developed markets, and network owners treating signage as a tech project.
- Overall, the market for digital signage systems is estimated at $X billion in 2012, growing to over $X billion over the forecast period.
- Digital Signage should be marketing-driven as opposed to an IT-driven tech project. Content strategy is critical to the success of the network.
- Advertisers and network owners are attracted by greater targetability, branding opportunities, and interactivity offered by digital signage screens.
- The software segment is the most fragmented; the top 5 participants are expected to aggressively compete for the market leadership via product innovation, geo expansion, and mergers and acquisitions (M&As).
- Networks purely based on selling ads are challenged in the short term due to tough economic conditions; a hybrid business model that includes elements of branding/entertainment/information is less vulnerable.
- The market has grown well past the billion dollar mark, led by the emergence of turnkey solution providers in every region; synergistic partnerships are the key to success.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Will the market continue to grow at its present high rate? Will growth slow down as the industry matures over the long term, especially in the developed markets?
- Where does digital signage systems technology stand today? What are the primary challenges faced by vendors and new network owners in this market? What are the drivers and restraints for growth?
- How are the existing competitors structured—in both the displays and software categories? Are there too many competitors at present? Are they well positioned to meet the needs of current and future customers?
- Will there be further consolidation over the next 4–5 years? Will the market continue to be attractive for mergers and acquisitions?
- What are the major vertical markets under consideration? What are the revenues from each category, namely retail, transportation, hospitality, corporate, education, and government?
- What are the revenue breakups by geographical regions including North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America? Which are the fastest growing?
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Market Overview
- Total Digital Signage Systems Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Market and Technology Trends
- Forecasts and Vertical Analysis
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Digital Signage Displays Breakdown
- Digital Signage Software Breakdown
- Digital Signage Media Players Breakdown
- Hot Company Watchlist
- The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the Global Digital Signage Systems Market