NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the Global Mobile Satellite Market
The Growing Popularity of M2M and Other Data Capabilities Drive Mobile Satellite Growth
- This research covers mobile satellite devices and services, which function as stand alone voice/data communications equipment without the need for an external antenna.
oCurrently, satellite phones, broadband global area network (BGAN) terminals, and machine to machine (M2M) communication devices all fall under this category and are included in this research.
oHowever, very small aperture terminals (VSAT) will not be included in this research due to their comparative size and expense.
oCellular, Wi-Fi, and wire-line M2M devices and networks will not be covered in this study. Coverage for these markets is available in Frost & Sullivan's M2M research (N95A-65).
oMajor regions covered in this research include North America (NA), Latin America (LA), Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of World (ROW).
oResearch within this study is primarily focused on both low cost and low bandwidth mobile solutions.
- Satellite M2M is in a state of rapid growth for all regions.
- Satellite phones are growing in diversity, evolving toward designs that are similar to smartphones.
- Disaster recovery is becoming an increasingly important market for mobile satellite phones.
- Oil and gas are growing rapidly and often require mobile satellite technology.
- The government market accounts for a large amount of the overall mobile satellite market.
- Satellite Phone: Satellite phones typically have voice and messaging capabilities, although some have data capabilities as well. These are typically larger and bulkier than their cellular counterparts, although smartphone designs are beginning to become more popular.
- Satellite Modem: Satellite modems are devices that connect other hardware to a satellite network for data capabilities.
- Satellite M2M: Satellite M2M connects multiple machines with low bandwidth data capabilities for monitoring and reporting purposes.
- BGAN: Inmarsat currently offers BGAN for mobile data capabilities. This devices is portable and low cost, although service fees can be costly.
- VSAT: VSAT falls outside of mobile satellite definition for this study and will not be covered. This technology has a high initial cost and offers high speed capabilities.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What sort of growth will the mobile satellite market experience?
- Which regions will experience the highest mobile satellite growth?
- What is driving growth in each of these regions?
- What technology is seeing the most rapid adoption? (phone, modem, or M2M)
- What are the key challenges in this market?
- What is the anticipated evolution for these devices and their respective networks?
Total Mobile Satellite Market
- Drivers and Restraints
- Forecast and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
North America Breakdown
Latin America Breakdown
The Last Word
To order this report: Analysis of the Global Mobile Satellite Market
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001