LONDON, April 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This research service analyzes the global trends in the RFID market in the healthcare industry. The increasing interest in hospital assets and personnel tracking is expected to have a positive impact on the market. Products included in revenue calculations comprise RFID tags, hardware, and middleware. The study focuses on the various market dynamics, challenges, Mega Trends, and other factors that are likely to drive market growth by 2020. The study also provides a regional and competitive analysis of the market. This deliverable will provide key market participants with the necessary business intelligence to help them understand the future of the RFID market in healthcare.
-Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) penetration in the global healthcare industry is less than %, but with RFID tag pricing continuously declining, this scenario is expected to change.
- Asset tracking will continue to dominate the market throughout the forecast period with personnel tracking being the second-largest application. Additionally, new applications such as hygiene management and blood-sample tracking is attracting interest.
- Active technology will continue to dominate the space through the forecast period. However, passive technology is expected to increase its share in the total market.
- Technologies will merge to give better output to customers. For example, in drug (vaccines) tracking applications, sensor technology will be combined with RFID technology to both track and monitor temperature.
- The evolution of 1st-generation static point-to-point Real-time Location Systems (RTLS), which focuses on static low-distance room-based identification, has now transformed into smarter 2nd- and 3rd-generation systems that can utilize a combination of embedded analytics and larger floor-space tracking.
- The competitive landscape in this market is majorly divided among Tier I and Tier II participants. The market will clearly have 5 top participants after merger and acquisition activities.
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What are the key drivers and restraints for market growth?
- What are the potential areas of growth, globally and region-wise?
- How will the structure of the market change with time? Is the market ripe for acquisitions?
- Are the vendors in the market ready to manage alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3758977/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/analysis-of-the-global-radio-frequency-identification-rfid-market-in-healthcare-300252972.html