NEW YORK, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the Middle East Integral Horse Power Motors Market
Industrial Growth will Continue to Fuel the Demand for Motors in the Middle East
- In 2012, the Middle Eastern market for Integral Horse Power (IHP) motors was $xx million, with a unit shipment of xx.
- IHP motors are of two types, alternating current (AC) motors (include squirrel cage, slip ring, and synchronous) and direct current (DC) motors. AC squirrel cage motors account for xx% of the total IHP motors market in the Middle East.
- In 2012, low voltage (LV) motors contributed to xx% of the revenue of the IHP AC motors segment.
- The IHP DC motors segment is limited to replacement demand; new DC motors are required in a few applications (mainly in metals and mining, cement, and oil and gas upstream) that require higher initial torque.
- With the advent of AC drive technology, AC motors are able to deliver full torque at start-up and variable speed, with precision. AC motors, along with AC drives, are relatively inexpensive compared to DC motors and incur lower maintenance costs. This has facilitated the gradual replacement of DC motors by AC motors.
- IHP motors with power ratings between xx and xx kilowatt (kW) contributed to xx% of the total IHP motors market revenue in 2012.
- While the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) is expected to continue to be the dominant source for business, massive capacity augmentation and relevant investments in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kuwait, and Qatar, over the next xx-xx years, are expected to result in increased share for these countries.
- End users are opting for one-stop solution providers to mitigate issues arising from handling of multiple suppliers.
- Focus on aftersales market is on the rise to increase the overall profit margin level and thereby, boost revenue.
- Shift toward adoption of high-capacity IHP motors by end users provides revenue boost for medium voltage (MV) motors.
- Intense competition in the low voltage (LV) motors encourages suppliers to expand their MV motor product offerings.
- The increasing number of South Korean and Chinese engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractors paves the way for the entry of IHP motor suppliers from countries local to these EPCs, thus, intensifying competition.
- Market sizing for the base year is based on the supply-side analysis of the market done by aggregation of annual sales revenues and unit shipment of major participants in the IHP motors market in the Middle East
- Market sizing for the base year is based on the sales realised by local entity offices of the major participants for the electric motors sold within the geographical scope. Revenue from services and sales of spare parts is not considered..
- Electric motors, which are rated output power equal to or more than 1 Horse Power (HP) or 0.75 kW are known as IHP motors.
- Broadly, products are classified into:
- AC motors are further classified into three different sub-categories:
oAC squirrel cage (asynchronous)
oAC slip ring (asynchronous)
Base Year and Forecast Period
- Base year for the research service is Calendar Year 2012
- Forecast period is from 2013 to 2017
- Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) is provided from 2012 to 2017.
1) O&G 2) PCF 3) P&D 4) W&WW 5) M&M 6) Cement 7) Others (includes F&B, P&P, etc.)
The GCC (includes the KSA, the UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, and Bahrain)
All numbers are in $ Million, unless mentioned otherwise
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
- Who are the main competitors in the Middle Eastern IHP motors market?
- What are the qualitative and quantitative trends affecting the IHP motors market?
- Are the products and services offered today meeting customer needs or is there additional development needed?
- What are the dynamics of this market and how does will it pan out in the coming years?
Total IHP Motors Market
External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
Forecasts and Trends
Market Share and Competitive Analysis
IHP AC Motors Segment Breakdown
IHP DC Motors Segment Breakdown
The Last Word
To order this report: Analysis of the Middle East Integral Horse Power Motors Market
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001