LONDON, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Analysis of the Mining Flotation Chemicals Market in Brazil and Chile
Developing Economies to Increase Demand for Polymethalics Minerals
Mining chemicals market for flotation processes will grow in Brazil and Chile due to the increasing investments in the mining sector. Both countries offer full advantages to drive the market and the revival of plenty of feasibility studies and projects hampered by mining companies, as well as by growing demand for metallic mineral products are a trend for the market. This research service provides an analysis of the mining chemicals market in Brazil and Chile, detailing four segments in terms of sales, demand, pricing, competitors, applications, and market trends. Market drivers, restraints, and market forecast measurements are also provided. The base year of the study is 2012 and the forecast period is 2013 to 2017.
• The mining industry is Chile's economic engine since it represents around % of the countries' GDP and generates almost half a million jobs.
• The mining flotation chemicals market in Chile is in a mature stage and in 2012 accounted for $X million. It is expected to reach $X million by 2017, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X%.
• The mining flotation chemicals market in Chile has shown steady growth after the world economic crisis of 2009 and is expected to continue throughout the forecast period.
• Growth in the Chilean and Brazilian market will be mainly driven by increasing emerging economies, metallic minerals demand, and expansion and greenfield mining projects.
• On the other hand, main challenges restraining market growth will be dominated by increasing costs of raw materials as well as water and energy resources scarcity.
• In the Chilean vertical market analysis, frothers presented the highest CAGR for the period 2012 to 2017, accounting forX% growth. By the end of the forecast period, the market revenue is expected to increase by X%.
• The market in Chile is dominated by big multinationals, namely Cytec, SNF Flomin, Clariant, Mathiesen, Orica, Brenntag, or Dow Chemicals, together with local participants that dominate mainly the more commoditized dispersants and depressants sector.
• The mining industry in Brazil represents around % of the country's GDP and generates almostXjobs.
• In 2012 the country reached the same levels of production and sales recorded before the financial crisis. The IBRAM expects a total of $X billion investment for the period between 2010 to 2014.
• Iron ore is the main mineral in which investments are made , accounting for about % of the total.
• New entrants continue to reach the market, including small businesses and mining exploration and service providers.
• The total mining flotation chemicals market in Brazil generated revenues of $X million in 2012, which corresponded to a growth ofX%. When compared to the previous year; this can be attributed to the industry growth during this period.
• In 2017, the market is expected to be valued at $X million, by growing at a CAGR of X% from 2012 to 2017 in terms of revenue.
• Main challenges restraining market growth will be dominated by increasing costs of raw materials as well as water and energy resources scarcity.
1. Domestic and foreign investments in mining projects in Chile are expected to reach $X billion during the 2012 to 2020 period.
2. Constantly decreasing mineral ore grades in Chile and Brazil provoke an increment in mining chemicals demand for mineral processing.
3. Copper and molybdenum production in Chile are tied to BRIC countries stable growth and infrastructure development.
4. Although imported products dominate the market, local presence through labs and technical support are key competitive factors.
5. Costs associated to mining activities such as energy consumption and water scarcity in Chile and Brazil slows market growing pace.
Geographic Coverage: Brazil and Chile
Study Period: 2010-2017
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
Monetary Unit: US Dollars
Conversion Rate: BRL X / CLP X = $ X
• The aim of this research service is to provide an in-depth analysis of the mining flotation chemicals market by product category as well as to describe challenges and opportunities.
• The geographic scope of this study is Brazil and Chile.
• The base year for the study is 2012, including historical information (2010 to 2011), and the forecast extends to 2017.
• Market sizing is estimated based on the total mining flotation chemicals market.
The aim of this research service is to understand the Brazilian and Chilean mining flotation chemicals market. The forces that affect the market are discussed and recommendations are provided.
• To understand the Brazilian and Chilean mining flotation chemicals market
• To discuss the market challenges as well as driving and restraining forces that would have an impact in the forecast period
• To provide the overall market revenue, unit shipment and forecasts for the individual mining flotation chemicals market segments
• To assess the competitive structure and distribution channels, and to identify the key success factors for suppliers
• To provide an analysis of the activities in the mining flotation chemicals industry and track the trends in the industry
• To provide manufacturers and suppliers with strategic recommendations as well as market conclusions that are based on the research
• The world market for mining chemicals is projected to reach almost $X billion by 2020.
• According to global industry participants growth will be driven mainly by revival of plenty of feasibility studies and projects that were hampered by mining companies due to the world economic recession, as well as by growing demand for metallic mineral products from developing countries to address their dynamic growing economies.
• In the next Xto X years, legal and regulatory framework related to environmental and safety concerns are expected to orient investments in developing safer and environmentally friendly mining reagents.
• In May 2012, the Clean Mining Alliance was created in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. This non-profit industry association is aimed at "supporting and advocating technological advancements to make the mining industry cleaner and environmentally responsible," according to its founders.
• This organization supports then introduction of new technologies and processes aimed at making mining safer, cleaner and less expensive. Some of these new technologies include membrane-based water filtration, biologic remediation, carbon capture, near-zero emissions processes, closed-loop systems, and other innovation.
• Cytec industries, a global mining chemicals market leader, invests large amounts of its revenue in R&D activities aimed at creating technologies that can decrease the cost of operations, provide better recovery and selectivity, help better manage hard to process ores, prevent or limit employee's exposure to hazards, optimize the use of natural resources, and minimize waste.
• Some examples of these novel mineral processing reagents include are the new line of stronger, more selective and versatile flotation collectors like MAXGOLD™ and AERO XD5002® which are presented as a sustainable alternative to the traditionally used sulphide collectors, such as xanthates that are more effective and reduce the safety, health, and environmental concerns.
Market Overview—Chile Product Scope
Mining Flotation Chemicals:
• Methyl isobutyl carbonyl (MIBC)
• Tall oil
• Propylene glycol
• Alcohol mix
• Xanthates and derivatives
• Mix thiophosphates
• Soda ash
• Sodium silicate
• Sodium hydrosulphide (NaSH)
• Sodium cyanide
• Inorganic thiophosphate
• Others (include mainly Zinc Sulfate, DETA (Diethylenetriamine), Permganates, Ammonium Bisulfite)
• For the Chile segment, only froth flotation mining chemicals utilized for metallic mineral extraction will be considered, namely frothers, collectors, dispersants, and depressants.
• Metallic mining is the most important type in Chile, being this South American country the first global producer of copper, accounting for X% of global production. This is the third most important molybdenum producer, the eight global silver producer and the world's fourteenth most important gold producer.
• The froth flotation process currently has the biggest penetration in the Chilean mining industry.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
How is the value chain of this market? Are distributors playing an important role?
What are the main drivers for the upcoming years in the mining Industry?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is additional development needed?
Whar are the key factors for an end user when chosing a supplier?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Mining Flotation Chemicals Market
• Drivers and Restraints
4. Brazil Breakdown
5. Chile Breakdown
6. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the Mining Flotation Chemicals Market in Brazil and Chile