NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the Oscilloscopes Market in North America
High-end Designs Drive Growth
The oscilloscopes market is the largest and fastest-growing product category in the general purpose test equipment industry. North America represents a sizeable portion of this global market. In this study, key industry challenges, drivers, and restraints pertaining to the North American region are identified and discussed. It also features an analysis of the market from different perspectives including by form factor and vertical. The base year for the analysis is 2012 with the forecast period ending in 2019. A detailed market share analysis, which identifies the companies expected to gain share against their competitors during the forecast period, is also included.
• Oscilloscopes comprise the largest product segment in the general purpose test equipment market. Further, Oscilloscopes are growing more than most other general purpose test equipment product categories.
• In North America, oscilloscopes continue to witness growth, mainly driven by the growth of mobile communications and other electronic devices as well as the related efforts to improve the performance of these products.
• North America is the home of historical leader Tektronix and challengers, Agilent Technologies and Teledyne LeCroy.
• It is the domestic market of National Instruments, the leader in modular test and measurement equipment, which has witnessed greater adoption in North America than in any other global regions.
• Stronger competition has been coming from Rohde & Schwarz in the North American market, which entered the oscilloscope market in 2010.
• The trend towards integration of capabilities beyond what is traditional for an oscilloscope (such as the provision of spectrum or signal analysis capability) applies globally and is certainly relevant to the North American oscilloscope market.
• The desire from test and design engineers for consumer electronics user experiences with oscilloscopes seems stronger in North America than in other regions.
• The oscilloscopes market has moved toward indirect sales channels in recent years, with most mid and mainstream products sold through distributors, while high-end devices are sold through a direct sales force.
• Further changes are ahead, with online sales channels expected to grow due to increased confidence in buying through such channels among consumers that is expected to spread to industrial products including test and measurement equipment.
1. There is greater demand from customers for more functionality in oscilloscopes due to the technological convergence in the devices they design and manufacture.
2. The high-end segment is critical to fuel growth in the overall oscilloscopes market due to high profit margins.
3. Competition has increased notably among Tektronix, Agilent Technologies, and Teledyne LeCroy. National Instruments and Rohde & Schwarz are also competitive.
4. OEMs need to address user desire for consumer electronics and user experience with oscilloscopes, despite technical challenges due to heavy use of oscilloscopes in design.
5. A greater focus on investment protection could curb revenue growth in the oscilloscopes market in the long term.
This market includes all types of oscilloscopes including:
• Traditional oscilloscopes, including real-time and sampling
• Software-defined oscilloscopes Traditional oscilloscopes are in the box form factor while software-defined oscilloscopes based on VME eXtension for instrumentation (VXI), PCI eXtensions for Instrumentation (PXI); or, they are PC-based.
Bandwidth ranges included in the scope of this study are:
• Less than X megahertz (MHz)
• MHz to X gigahertz (GHz)
• Over X GHz to XGHz
• Over X GHz to X GHz
• Sampling Oscilloscopes —up to XGHz
The geographic scope includes Canada and North America.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
How is the competitive landscape changing? Which oscilloscopes manufacturers are expected to outperform the market and the competition?
What are the latest products? Are these new products offered today meeting customer needs, or is there additional development needed?
What does the market look like from a bandwidth perspective? How will this change in the future?
Where are the growth opportunities for software-defined instrumentation in the oscilloscope market?
What are the key Mega Trends expected to shape the future of the oscilloscopes market?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Oscilloscopes Market
o External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
o Forecasts and Trends
o Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
5. The Last Word
To order this report: Analysis of the Oscilloscopes Market in North America
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001