NEW YORK, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the SE Asia and ANZ Automation & Software Solutions Market for the Chemical & Petrochemical Industry
The MAC Concept is Gaining Momentum among Automation Providers
-The growing trend of shifting chemical and petrochemical plants to lower-cost, higher-output countries provides significant opportunities for automation manufacturers in Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand, and Indonesia.
-Automation manufacturers are focusing on optimizing chemical and petrochemical plants to increase energy efficiency and productivity.
-Southeast Asia's share of about 85% of the total automation revenue in 2012 is set to increase steadily during the forecast period due to the lower growth rates in Australia and New Zealand.
-The main automation contractor is a one-stop solution provider that caters to all the customer's automation needs. This trend has been popular among end users, and is gaining momentum among the automation manufacturers, as they consider this a platform to build better relationships with the customer and to consolidate their market share.
- Smaller Southeast Asian countries are potential growth pockets for chemical and petrochemical industries.
- Integration of smaller chemical and petrochemical plants into a single large plant provides tremendous opportunities for automation manufacturers.
- Providing integrated automation solutions is of high priority to automation manufacturers, and decides the market leader.
- Technological enhancements such as energy management systems are becoming popular. Plant simulation software is undergoing tremendous development.
-This research service focuses on the automation and software solutions market for the chemical and petrochemical industry in Southeast Asia (SE Asia) and Australia–New Zealand (ANZ). This market is experiencing high growth in some small countries, as chemical and petrochemical complexes are being shifted here from developed countries.
-The automation products in this study are categorized as programmable logic controllers (PLCs), distributed control systems (DCS), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), human machine interface (HMI) and manufacturing execution systems (MES).
-The study discusses the market drivers and restraints. The revenue for the total automation and software solutions includes hardware, software and services. It also includes revenue generated by retro fitments.
Chemical & Petrochemical Industry
- The manufacture of basic chemicals (organic and inorganic), specialty chemicals, fine chemicals, and petrochemicals is considered for this research study.
Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- A PLC is a digital electronics system that uses programmable memory for the storage of user-configured instructions to implement specific control functions such as logic, sequencing, timing, counting, and arithmetic through digital or analog inputs and outputs for various types of machines or processes.
Distributed Control System (DCS)
- A DCS incorporates workstations (operator, field, and engineering), data communication networks, process stations, input/output devices, control and display software, and controllers. It must be fully integrated and consist of process controllers and operator workstations designed to operate as a DCS over a network backbone. It is sold as a complete system.
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- SCADA systems are used to monitor and control equipment in industries. They include computer-based turnkey SCADA systems, packaged SCADA software, SCADA hardware aftermarket, and workstation-based turnkey aftermarket. In this study, SCADA solutions include both hardware and software products.
Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Human machine interface systems are those that allow human interaction with machines through signals or images. Human Machine Interface hardware consists of programmable terminals used for stand-alone, machine-level, or small-process applications. This is linked to a controller or host computer, and off-the shelf software that can run on a PC. HMI systems facilitate integration into supervisory- as well as enterprise-level solutions.
Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- MES is defined by the international standard ANSI/ISA S95, to include certain functions agreed on by its vendors. These functions include data acquisition and collection, process management, quality management, maintenance management, performance analysis, document control, product tracking, genealogy, and scheduling.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Is this a highly fragmented market? Will the large multinational automation companies continue to acquire smaller companies?
- What distribution structure do automation manufacturers follow to reach the customer?
- What are the current technological trends in automation products?
- What are some of the strategies that automation manufacturers are considering, to stay ahead in the competition?
Total Automation & Software Solutions Market for the Chemical & Petrochemical Industry
External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
Forecast and Trends
Market Share and Competitive Analysis
CEO's 360-Degree Perspective
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) Segment Breakdown
Distributed Control Systems (DCS) Segment Breakdown
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Segment Breakdown
Human Machine Interface Segment (HMI) Breakdown
Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Segment Breakdown
Southeast Asia Breakdown
The Last Word
To order this report: Analysis of the SE Asia and ANZ Automation & Software Solutions Market for the Chemical & Petrochemical Industry
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001