NEW YORK, May 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the US Sterilization Equipment and Sterilants Market is available on the website
Infection Control Needs Spur Market Innovation
This research service considers products and companies in the sterilization equipment and sterilants market in the United States. The market will benefit from many technology improvements going forward. A thorough analysis of revenue forecasts, unit forecasts, technological advances, and pricing are provided for the market's various segments, including: steam sterilization, ethylene oxide sterilization, plasma sterilization and endoscope reprocessors. Market engineering measurements, drivers, and restraints are covered along with an analysis of the market's competitive landscape. The base year is 2012, and the forecast period extends through 2017.
• The total revenue generated by sales of sterilization equipment and sterilants in the US in 2012 was approximately $Xmillion, representing a X% increase over 2011.
• Revenue in the US sterilization equipment and sterilants market is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% from 2012 to 2017, reaching $X million in 2017.
• The endoscope reprocessing segment has the highest CAGR in the market, followed closely by plasma sterilization.
• Slow growth rates in the traditional steam sterilization and ethylene oxide sterilization segments account for the modest growth rate for the overall market.
• As new products are introduced and innovation continues, the market is expected to continue to grow, albeit slowly.
• The market is mostly controlled by large manufacturers, but there are low barriers to entry in the niche segments.
1. The rise in the number of minimally-invasive surgeries increases the use of endoscopes.
2. An aging population demands more medical treatments, which increases overall usage of medical equipment.
3. Transition from hospitals to ambulatory care creates a more regulated environment regarding sterilization.
4. Sterilization standards are increasing with the increasing need to curtail overall healthcare costs.
5. Slow technology advances in the sterilization market create room for newer niche-efficient products.
• This research service covers products on the market; products in development; and units, price, and revenue forecasts. Market challenges, drivers, and restraints are identified and assessed.
• Units used in the study are defined as follows:
- The number of units indicates the number of individual units used in hospitals and non-hospitals.
- Prices are represented in US dollars. The price is represented as the average selling price (ASP) based on the prices of various units listed by respective manufacturers.
- Revenue is represented in US dollars. Revenue is a product of the number of units and ASP in a year.
• The annual revenue for public companies was derived from annual reports. Revenue for private companies was based on primary interviews.
• The steam sterilization segment includes steam sterilizers that may also be known as steam autoclaves or autoclaves.
• The ethylene oxide sterilization segment encompasses ethylene oxide (EtO or EO) sterilizers, EtO processing systems, and EtO sterilants that may be X% EtO or EtO blended with other gases.
• The plasma sterilization segment consists of hydrogen peroxide gas plasma sterilizers and hydrogen plasma gas plasma sterilants.
• The endoscope reprocessing segment covers liquid chemical sterilant processor or sterilizers, automated endoscope reprocessors, liquid chemical sterilants, and high-level disinfectants.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the sterilization equipment and sterilants market growing, how long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
• What are the primary drivers of market expansion and growth opportunities in large and small segments of the market?
• Which segments are expanding the most, and which are declining?
• What are the leading products in the market?
• Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is there additional development needed?
• How is the competition in the market? Are some companies poised for more growth than others?
Table Of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Sterilization Equipment and Sterilants Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Steam Sterilization Segment
5. Ethylene Oxide Sterilization Segment
6. Plasma Sterilization Segment
7. Endoscope Reprocessing Segment
8. The Last Word
Contact Clare: [email protected]
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001