LONDON, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Increasing Awareness and Technology Advancement to Fuel Growth
The disinfection system market in India is at its nascent phase. Ultraviolet (UV), electrochlorination, and ozone are gaining importance in the Indian market and are expected to witness the highest growth in the next 2-3 years. The research provides the market size of these technologies, drivers and restraints, competitive landscape and break up of the market by key end user verticals. The base year of the study is 2012 and the market is forecasted till 2017.
• Indian market for disinfection equipment used in water and wastewater treatment is in its growth phase.
• Globally, Governments and organizations have realized the importance of the supply of clean water and effective treatment of wastewater for sustainable development.
• Public pressure on industries to treat their effluents is increasing. Besides, industries have become conscious about the quality of water and therefore are adopting advanced technologies so that the quality of the end product is enhanced.
• Hence, the municipalities as well as industries are investing substantially in water and wastewater treatment infrastructure including disinfection systems, creating opportunities for the entire value chain.
• The market, which is valued at INRX million in 2012, is expected to grow to INR Xmillion by 2017, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) ofX%.
• The primary market drivers are increasing awareness and deteriorating water quality. Besides, with the improving water governance, urbanization, rising affluence and the growth of industries, the water and waste waster disinfection system market is expected to reach growth phase in the next five years
• Ultraviolet (UV) and ozone are gaining importance in the Indian market. Electro-chlorination is expected to witness the highest growth in the nextX-X years.
1. The global disinfection systems market is at a growth phase. South Asia, china and India are the attractive markets. The disinfection system market in India is in its growth phase. Electro-chlorination is the most dominant technology prevalent in India followed by UV.
2. Cost of the system is the most important criteria for purchasing the equipment. End user prefers an one- stop solution provider.
3. Due to increasing awareness about adverse effects of chlorination tablets and gas chlorination, electro-chlorination is gaining importance.
4. The market is highly fragmented. Cost, technical expertise, experience are critical competitive factors in the Indian market.
Water Situation in India
• In India, the main sources of water are ground water and surface water, which are heavily dependent on the monsoon for replenishment.
• The total annual precipitation in India is X billion cubic meters (BCM). India has abundant rain, but it is not uniformly distributed throughout the country.
• There is no proper water management or adoption of strategic solutions to conserve water. The per capita availability is bound to reduce to less thanX cubic meters per person per year, in which case India will fall under the category of water-stressed countries.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
At what rate is the market growing?
What are the distribution channels and do they vary?
What is the competitive environment of the water and wastewater disinfection system market?
Which are the promising segments for growth in the Indian market?
What are the key trends and technological developments in the Indian market?
What are the key success factors for the equipment manufacturers?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Introduction
3. Market Overview
4. Total Water and Wastewater Disinfection Systems Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
5. The CEO's 360 Degree Perspective
6. Electro-chlorination Segment Breakdown
7. Ozone Segment Breakdown
8. UV Segment Breakdown
9. Others Segment Breakdown
10. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of Water and Wastewater Disinfection Systems Market in India