KANSAS CITY, Mo., Sept. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Kansas City Animal Health Corridor is hosting the world's only full-day investment forum for early and mid-stage animal health companies today at the KC Animal Health Investment Forum. Presenting companies, which hail from 11 states, Australia, Germany and Portugal, are seeking $500,000 to $20 million in funding and have revenue projections of $20 million within five to seven years.
Presenters will showcase technologies including an alternative to antibiotic use in poultry, obesity prevention treatments for pets, odor control products for litter boxes, intravenous fluid replacement solutions for veterinarians, and therapies for osteoarthritis in horses, dogs and cats.
"This year's presenting companies are aligned with the trends we are seeing in the global animal health industry," said Rich Shuler, president and CEO, Shuler Consulting Services, who served on the selection committee.
- Anivax –Tucson, AZ: alternative to antibiotic use in poultry, www.anivax.com
- EcoPlanet Environmental – Bozeman, MT: odor control products for litter boxes and barnyards, www.ecoplanetearth.com
- Elevated Health Systems – Wichita, KS: non-antibiotic pathogen control for veterinary clinics, www.esp-dlux.com
- Emmyon Inc. - Coralville, IA: treatments preventing obesity and muscle atrophy in pets, www.emmyon.com
- FreeStride Therapeutics – Northville, MI: treatment of bone and joint disease in horses, dogs and cats
- GeneQuine Biotherapeutics – Hamburg, Germany: therapies for osteoarthritis in horses and dogs, www.genequine.com
- iNOVOTEC Animal Care – St. Louis, MO: device that constantly measures the pH and temperature of cattle, www.inovotec.com
- Integrated Animal Health – Noosaville, Queensland, Australia: health products for companion and production animals, www.integrated-animal-health.com
- LMI-Vet – Freehold, NJ: intravenous fluid replacement solutions for veterinarians, www.lmi-vet.com
- Magnomics – Cantanhede, Portugal: DNA detection of pathogens for animal care, www.magnomics.pt
- Omniox, Inc. – San Carlos, CA: device to treat oxygen-deprivation diseases, www.omniox.com
- Precision Animal Solutions – Manhattan, KS: remote disease diagnosis for feedlot cattle, www.precisionanimalsolutions.com
- Quantified Ag – Lincoln, NE: sensor and analytical system to identify sick cattle, www.quantifiedag.com
- TekWear – Norcross, GA: data capture and reporting device, www.tekwearag.com
- ELIAS Animal Health – Olathe, KS: cancer treatments for animals, www.tvaxbiomedical.com
- VetStem BioPharma – Poway, CA: pharmaceuticals to treat orthopedic conditions and provide pain relief for animals, www.vet-stem.com
- Willowcroft Pharma Inc. – Denver, CO: treatment for laminitis in horses, www.laminil.us
Companies presenting at previous Forums have raised more than $160 million, and many have received licensing agreements and distribution contracts. Successes include Traverse Biosciences, ELIAS Animal Health, FitBark, KAVB Farm, Jaguar Animal Health, Prommune and VaxLiant.
"Home to more than 300 companies that generate 56 percent of the global revenues for the animal health industry, the KC Animal Health Corridor is the epicenter for animal health companies," said Kimberly Young, president, KC Animal Health Corridor.
Forum attendees include representatives from venture capital funds, investment firms, corporate R&D and business development professionals.
About the KC Animal Health Corridor
The KC Animal Health Corridor, anchored by Manhattan, Kansas, and Columbia, Missouri, is home to more than 300 animal health companies, representing the largest concentration in the world. KCanimalhealth.com
SOURCE Kansas City Area Development Council