NEW YORK, Sept. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- ANN INC., the parent company of Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey, is proud to celebrate more than a decade as a committed partner to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF). Since 2005, ANN INC. has donated more than $23 million dollars to advance lifesaving research to improve the lives of women who are treated for or living with breast cancer.
"I'm so proud of our associates and clients for all they've done to help support BCRF for more than a decade. It's incredible to see how much we're able to achieve when we all come together and rally for a cause so close to our hearts," said Kay Krill, President and CEO of ANN INC. "We look forward to continuing to support this organization that is making a difference in the lives of so many women we serve every day."
Today, Ann Taylor and LOFT kick-off their annual Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign in support of BCRF through the sale of Ann Taylor Cares and LOFT Cares Cards and limited-edition products. Through this highly successful program, the Company has funded researchers who are leading the way in understanding targeted therapies by identifying genetic biomarkers, harnessing the body's own immune system to fight cancer, studying how lifestyle factors can be modified to reduce risk, and tracking the mechanisms by which metastasis occurs. During the 2015-2016 grant period, ANN INC. will fully fund seventeen leading-edge research projects.
"Kay Krill and the entire ANN INC. family continue to be a vital partner in making an impact in the fight against breast cancer," said Myra Biblowit, President of BCRF. "The Company's unparalleled dedication and critical financial contributions are helping to enable life-saving research. Under Kay's leadership, ANN INC. continues to help us make significant advancement in critical breast cancer research. We are incredibly grateful for all of the years of support and unwavering commitment."
The Ann Taylor and LOFT brands have created new, limited-edition products, including the Ann Taylor-designed A.T. Cares Collection consisting of a bracelet and necklace that each tell a story of love, hope, and endurance. The LOFT jewelry collection, including a necklace and earrings, was designed to help women battling breast cancer and those who support such a meaningful cause.
To learn more, visit ANNCares.com.
About ANN INC.
ANN INC. is a subsidiary of ascena retail group, inc. (ASNA), and the parent company of Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey. As of May 2, 2015, the Company operated 1,034 Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Factory, LOFT, LOFT Outlet and Lou & Grey stores in 47 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada. Our brands are also available online in more than 100 countries worldwide at AnnTaylor.com, LOFT.com, Louandgrey.com or at our LOFT franchise stores in Mexico.
About The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) advances the world's most promising research to eradicate breast cancer. Founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, BCRF has raised more than $560 million to fuel discoveries in tumor biology, genetics, prevention, treatment, survivorship and metastasis, making it one of the largest non-governmental funders of breast cancer research in the world. This year, BCRF is investing $58.6 million in research, to support more than 226 researchers at leading medical institutions across six continents, including $11.6 million to the international Evelyn H. Lauder Founder's Fund focused on metastasis. By spending 91 cents of every dollar on research and public awareness programs, BCRF remains one of the nation's most fiscally responsible nonprofits. BCRF is the only breast cancer organization with an "A+" from CharityWatch, and has been awarded Charity Navigator's highest rating of four stars 13 times since 2002. For more information, please visit: www.bcrfcure.org.
ANN INC. 2015-2016 BCRF Research Grants
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation Scientific Advisors recently completed the selection of grantees for the coming year and seventeen research grants were selected as the ANN INC. 2015-2016 BCRF. Grant recipients are:
- Monica M. Bertagnolli, MD, Dana Farber Cancer Center, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA; and Cynthia Ma, MD, PhD, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Graham A. Colditz, MD, DrPh, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Nancy E. Davidson, MD, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA
- Laura J. Esserman, MD, MBA, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Carol J. Fabian, MD, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, MO
- Dawn L. Hershman, MD, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Stephen D. Hursting, PhD, MPH, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Melinda L. Irwin, PhD, MPH, Yale School of Public Health, New Haven CT
- Johanna Joyce, PhD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Seema A. Khan, MD, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Nancy U. Lin, MD and Eric P. Winer, MD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
- Kathy D. Miller, MD, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Katherine Reeder-Hayes, MD, MBA, Clinical Instructor, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Lois E. Shepherd, MDCM, FRCP, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
- Annette L. Stanton, PhD, University of California, Los Angeles
- Sandra M. Swain, MD, FACP, Washington Cancer Institute at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Kala Visvanathan, MBBS, FRACP, MHS, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
The Ann Taylor Cares Card and LOFT Cares Card
Those who purchase a $25 Ann Taylor Cares Card or LOFT Cares Card will receive 20% off every purchase of $100 or more at Ann Taylor, LOFT, Ann Taylor Factory Store, LOFT Outlet from September 18 through November 15, 2015, or 25% off when using an Ann Taylor Card or LOVELOFT Card. 90% of the card's purchase price will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
A.T. Cares Collection
The A.T. Cares Collection was created in tribute to the tradition of wearing charm jewelry as protective amulets and to commemorate life's most treasured moments. From September 18, 2015 through December 31, 2015 Ann Taylor will donate 50% of the purchase price of the Feather bracelet ($59.50) and the Circle of Strength necklace ($49.50) to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The collection is available at Ann Taylor stores and online at anntaylor.com.
LOFT Jewelry Collaboration
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, LOFT created a limited-edition collection of jewelry designed to help women battling breast cancer and those who support such a meaningful cause. From September 18, 2015 through November 15, 2015 LOFT will donate 70% of the purchase price of the necklace ($69.50) and earrings ($39.50) to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The collection is available at LOFT stores and online at loft.com.
SOURCE ANN INC.