BERWYN, Pa., April 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA) and the School and College Organization for Prevention Educators (SCOPE) announce the 2017 ATIXA/SCOPE Joint National Conference, October 3rd-6th at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. ATIXA and SCOPE host a joint conference to underscore the essential fusion of compliance and prevention in any conversation about campus sexual violence.
Call for Programs
The concurrent session Call for Programs closes on May 30th, 2017.
Read our Call for Programs FAQ guide for additional information.
Those considering submission are encouraged to review the suggested tips for writing a successful program proposal.
Student Poster Session
The ATIXA/SCOPE Joint Conference Committee is soliciting poster session proposals for its inaugural Student Poster Session program, scheduled to be held the afternoon and early evening of Wednesday, October 4th, 2017 during the Joint National Conference. The session is reserved for undergraduate and graduate, degree-seeking students submitting posters on research, programs, offices, or policies that reflect an important contribution to a campus/school and/or community.
Student Poster Session Call for Submissions closes on Tuesday, September 5th, 2017.
Click here to view our full Poster Session Proposal Information, including program overview, complete schedule, and poster and judging criteria.
Conference Sponsors & Exhibitors
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to get your brand and/or services in front of more than 450 Title IX administrators and prevention educators as they come together to "bridge the gap" between prevention, action, and response.
Compliance vs. Cultural change: Designing Innovative Sexual Assault Prevention Programs that Transform Campus Communities
Gail Stern, Ph.D., Co-Founder of Catharsis Productions
Putting Ourselves Back in the Narrative: Crisis and Opportunity in Uncertain Times
Nicole P. Eramo, Ph.D., Executive Director, Assessment and Planning, Office of the Vice President and Chief Student Affairs Officer, University of Virginia
- Transgender Rights Under Trump
- Erin Buzuvis, J.D., Professor, Western New England University School of Law; Director, Center for Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Roles and Best Practices of Title IX Coordinators in Varied Institutional Settings
- Julia Dunn, M.A., Associate Dean of Students and Title IX Administrator, Whitman College
- Leah Gutknecht, MBA, Assistant to the President and University Title IX Officer, University of Northern Iowa
- Sharon Perry-Fantini, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President for Equity, Access, & Opportunity/Title IX Coordinator, Tiffin University
- Patrick Shipwash, M.S., Executive Director of Equity and Compliance, Pellissippi State Community College
- Title IX Enforcement: A Lifeline for LGBTQ Students
- Eliza Byard, Ph.D., Executive Director, GLSEN
- How Not to Get Sued: Lessons Learned and Best Practices Gleaned from Title IX
- Patricia Hamill, Esq., Partner, Conrad O'Brien PC
- Matthew Kaiser, Esq., Partner, KaiserDillon PLLC
- Andrew Miltenberg, Esq., Partner, Nesenoff & Miltenberg LLP
- Campus Sexual Assault Response: Six Novel Approaches You Should Consider Trying; Including Two Already Proven, and One Being Tested
- John Banzhaf III, B.S.E.E., J.D., Sc.D., Public Interest Law Professor, George Washington University Law School
- Title IX and Athletics
- Leslie Gomez, Esq., Vice Chair, Institutional Response Group, Cozen O'Connor
- Scott Schneider, Esq., Partner, Fisher Phillips LLP
- Gina Maisto Smith, Esq., Chair, Institutional Response Group, Cozen O'Connor
- Higher Education Law & Policy: Where Have We Been, Where Are We Going, and How Might "Compliance University" Evolve?
- Peter Lake, J.D., Professor of Law, Charles A. Dana Chair, and Director of the Center for Excellence in Higher Education Law and Policy, Stetson University College of Law
- Trauma-Informed Daily Living: Making People as Important as Process
- Jyl Shaffer, M.A., Director of the Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX Coordinator, Montana State University
Joint National Conference Registration Rates – Early Bird
Registration required by Monday, July 17th, 2017.
- ATIXA Member: $419
- Non-ATIXA Member: $469
- Student (degree-seeking and not a full-time employee of any institution): $109
Scholarship applications available and due by Friday, August 11th, 2017.
Pre- and Post-Conference Opportunities
General conference attendance is not required to attend a pre- or post-conference event.
Monday, October 2nd & Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017; 9am – 5pm daily
Friday, October 6th – Sunday, October 8th, 2017; Friday, October 6th: 1pm – 5pm, Saturday, October 7th: 9am – 5pm, Sunday, October 8th: 8:30am – 11:30am
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/announcing-the-2017-atixascope-joint-national-conference-300446997.html
SOURCE Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA)