LONDON, Feb. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
"Growing demand from the pharmaceutical & healthcare sector to drive the market for anti-counterfeit packaging"
The global market for anti-counterfeit packaging is projected to grow from USD 107.26 billion in 2016 to reach USD 206.57 billion by 2021, at an estimated CAGR of 14.0%. The anti-counterfeit packaging market is driven by factors such as rise in counterfeit products in the market, increasing brand awareness, awareness among buyers about product information, the growing e-commerce industry, developments in printing technologies, and concerns regarding the impact of counterfeit packaging on the brand image of products. The growing pharmaceutical & healthcare sector is projected to be the fastest-growing end-use sector in the next five years. Due to stringent laws & regulations enacted by the government and increasing importance given to package security by manufacturers, the demand for anti-counterfeit packaging technologies is projected to grow in this sector. Emerging markets, such as the Asia-Pacific region, have contributed to an increase in the application of anti-counterfeit packaging in packaging products. The high set-up costs is the major restraint for the anti-counterfeit packaging industry.
"RFID technology of the technology segment projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period"
The RFID technology of the technology segment is projected to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2021. The RFID technology reads and captures information stored on the tag attached to the product. RFID are used extensively in the packaging industry as they include tags, readers, and software services. By using tags and readers, products can be traced in seconds; this helps improve and track the supply chain process from production through distribution and retailing.
"Asia-Pacific region to gain maximum traction during the forecast period"
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, followed by North America. In Asia-Pacific, China is the largest consumer for anti-counterfeit packaging, followed by Japan. China, with its growing food & beverage and pharmaceutical & healthcare industries, is expected to drive the anti-counterfeit packaging market. Japan, with its growing inclination toward convenient products, is expected to impact the anti-counterfeit packaging market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Breakdown of primaries
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts in order to collect data related to different aspects of anti-counterfeit packaging. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 30%, Tier 3 – 35%
- By Designation: C level – 65%, Manager level – 35%.
- By Region: North America – 25%, Europe – 28%, Asia-Pacific – 22%, Latin America – 10%, Middle East & Africa– 15%
The various suppliers of anti-counterfeit packaging and related products in the report are as follows:
1. Avery Dennison Corporation (U.S.)
2. CCL Industries Inc. (Canada)
3. 3M Company (U.S.)
4. E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.)
5. Zebra Technologies Corporation (U.S.)
6. SICPA Holding SA (Switzerland)
7. AlpVision S.A (Switzerland)
8. Applied DNA Sciences Inc. (U.S.)
9. Savi Technology, Inc. (U.S.)
10. Authentix, Inc. (U.S.)
The report defines, segments, and projects the anti-counterfeit packaging market size on the basis of technology, usage feature, end-use sector, and region. The study analyzes competitive developments such as partnerships, agreements, contracts, collaboration, and joint ventures,acquisitions, expansions & investments, and new product launches/ technological advancements activities in the anti-counterfeit packaging market.
This report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the anti-counterfeit packaging market comprehensively and provides the closest approximation of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. This report will help stakeholders to understand the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4674547/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/anti-counterfeit-packaging-market-by-technology-usage-feature-end-use-sector-and-region---global-forecast-to-2021-300403873.html